BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
04 May 2023 20:21 #248961 by yakuza
Getting ready for my trip to Denmark, changing brake disc, pads, kingpin bearings and seals. On the right side that is, did the left side last year.
Swappped tires around too, as one tire had uneven wear. Every other knob on the thread pattern is more worn than the others. Putting it in the back.

Thinking the car is more or less ready now, will check a few more things before I leave in one week.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2023 18:28 #248993 by gv42
Fitted a Ctek de250 battery to battery charger, got fed up with the relay split charger, next is a Renolgy shunt meter

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

More
10 May 2023 18:08 #249074 by gv42
Fitted spring clamps and some gold to the white jimny , and the Fender kit from jimnybits to the blue one

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 May 2023 06:10 #249109 by Lambert
This weekend I appear to have been putting the hurt to the ebc brakes. The run over the tops from Sheffield ish to Huddersfield ish if conducted at a reasonable but legal pace is evidently a good way to get a lot of heat into the system. Enough in fact to make my passenger ask if the clutch was ok!?! If I had one I'm sure it will be fine! What however didn't happen was any losses in brake performance or feel. Very impressed for solid discs.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
17 May 2023 20:30 #249154 by LM42
Bit of rust behind the headlights

More
28 May 2023 17:07 #249321 by gv42
Finished the body kit

The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley, lookonimages

More
29 May 2023 12:24 #249333 by Roger Fairclough
Now that Tonka is 3 years old, I will be doing all the servicing from now on. I believe that the majority of wear on gear wheels will now be over, so I have replaced all the transmission oils at circa 12,000miles. As expected there was an amount of swarf on the magnetic drain plugs. I have used Motul oils, Multi DCTF GL-4 in the main and transfer box and Motylgear 75W85 GL-4/GL-5 in the axles. These oils are available from my local Suzuki dealer at a decent price, gear oil £10.25 litre and axle oil £8.25 litre, both plus VAT. Motul are partnered with Suzuki and as such recommended by them so no problem over spec. or quality. First impressions, no difference in noise although road noise may be covering any reduction but an improvement in gear changes, especially selecting reverse. Access to fill points is easy except the gearbox, which is a pain. Although some might say the horse has gone, I will make an oil fill bottle from a "Tupperware" container to do this fiddly job if and when I replace the oils in the future.
I have also started painting the chassis rails with bitumastic paint. This is me being fussy as the rails already have a thick layer of a "protection" coating but as I have started I might as well finish the job. I removed the rear bumper and coated the  body work with the same bitumastic paint. I like this stuff as it goes on easily, it is slightly flexible so doesn't have a tendency to crack and excess is easily removed with petrol or turps..

Roger 

More
02 Jun 2023 05:23 - 02 Jun 2023 05:24 #249385 by LM42
What did I do? Got my car back ! Restoration of the underneath, also had fitted, limited slip differentials, vented disc conversion, HD front shafts , lamberts engineering HD steering rods, front winch plate , rear brake bias Valve , new fuel lines , tank guard, new tank , more to come!

Last edit: 02 Jun 2023 05:24 by LM42.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley, lookonimages

More
02 Jun 2023 06:12 #249386 by Soeley
It'd be a shame to get that dirty now.

More
02 Jun 2023 07:54 #249389 by LM42

Soeley wrote: It'd be a shame to get that dirty now.

Can't wait lol

More
02 Jun 2023 13:29 #249396 by Soeley
I removed my rather scabby Rocksliders and dropped them of at a local powder coaters to be blasted and re-coated.
He said the way it is flaking off is because they hadn't been primed first.

Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
10 Jun 2023 18:57 #249494 by Lambert
Today I have mostly been doing an oil change and new iridium plugs. Mainly because I might at any time this week get a phone call to go dragging trailers for hay leading. Oh yeah and I might have to drive to reeedingshire or somewhere down south, apparently there's some event or something a week tomorrow? Also I have taped my cills to try and mitigate my old man dragging his boots in and out which he can't help, looks a bit naffer than a naff thing but no-one has larger plastic covers. Also and finally I have fixed the rattle coming out of the driver door moulding, sounds so much better with the stereo up and not buzzing like a half dead Nova from 1993. Busy day.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds