BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
19 Nov 2021 12:51 - 19 Nov 2021 13:02 #240207 by Reason2doubt
New steel wheels all round with -30 offset to match Keith's arches and body kit!

Looking nice and planted now. A few jobs to do this weekend if i get time. 
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Nov 2021 13:02 by Reason2doubt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2021 18:04 #240244 by Reason2doubt
Today I scrubbed up the driver's side wheel arch and inner wing. There are no inner-wing covers until I make my own, so I got the WAR buzzweld paint out and lathered it.

I also did a few patches of welding on areas that were a bit thin near the body mount. All in all, a good few hours to keep little Jim going for a bit longer. 

Rust encapsulator paint (primer)

Black WAR paint Schultzed on nice and thick with the air compressor. 

Attachments:

More
27 Nov 2021 18:01 #240357 by JAGtheman
stuck my head in the back to fiddle with some bolts when there was an almighty explosion above my head from a 50cmx50cm, 2kg old slate tile that fell from the house roof 2 floors above and hit the jimny edge on above my head and exploded into dozens of small and large shards and my heart stopped and 3 hours later I am still not happy so what did I do to my jimny today, welI I said thank you for letting me live another day, I really owe you big time....

Julian
2008 Gen 3 Manual
Being completely revitalised

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Nov 2021 05:59 #240359 by Lambert
We all need a bit of good luck sometimes!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
28 Nov 2021 15:24 #240365 by mlines
Recovered it from a local petrol station, battery has failed

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
29 Nov 2021 09:20 #240384 by Reason2doubt
Not the new one I hope, Martin?

More
29 Nov 2021 10:49 #240385 by Roger Fairclough
Just as a matter of interest, I enquired of Audi, Worcester for the price of a battery, supplied and fitted for Viv's Q3 Quattro.

£510.00

Roger

More
29 Nov 2021 14:29 #240387 by Scimike
Assume that the Audi has Start / Stop tech fitted?
If so you need to tell the ECU its has had a new battery fitted, its no longer a simple case of just swapping the battery for a new one.
Still difficult to get to £510 though, even with an AGM battery and some workshop time.
 Ouch !

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
29 Nov 2021 15:15 #240388 by mlines

Not the new one I hope, Martin?

Nope, BigJimny itself. Its garaged 100% of the time normally but due to building work at home is outside and the cold snap seems to have tripped it up.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
29 Nov 2021 15:24 #240389 by DrRobin

If so you need to tell the ECU its has had a new battery fitted, its no longer a simple case of just swapping the battery for a new one.
Still difficult to get to £510 though, even with an AGM battery and some workshop time.
 Ouch !

I would have thought that swapping the battery would clear any stored data regarding the battery in the ECU, but I could be wrong.  I think I would be getting one online, perhaps Tayna or go to ECP.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
29 Nov 2021 15:56 #240391 by Scimike

Ouch !

I would have thought that swapping the battery would clear any stored data regarding the battery in the ECU, but I could be wrong.  I think I would be getting one online, perhaps Tayna or go to ECP.

Its certainly true on new BMW's, I am just taring the Audi with the same brush as the battery swap is so expensive . Search BMW battery registration.
Its something I did when I worked for Halfords until the battery reset gizmo failed, then the store I worked for simply stopped fitting BMW batteries :-)
Flash memory is the culprit within the ECU, so simply disconnecting your battery is no a guarantee of a factory reset on some modern vehicles.
Long live KISS

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
29 Nov 2021 16:02 #240392 by Roger Fairclough
Scimike.

Yes it has. Battery OK at present, this was just an enquiry at present.

Battery was £370 ish with labour, 1 hour £140. Money for old rope !

Car bought new in 2014. At 13,000 mile service they suggested that new tyres would be a good idea as the "old" ones were down to 4mm tread. I refuted this and made it obvious that it was a con job. 12 months later and the tyres had all grown by 1mm!. When the tyres were worn out I fitted identical but I feel let down as they are all wearing normally.

Roger

Time to create page: 0.447 seconds