BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
18 Sep 2020 12:47 #228313 by mlines
Yes - all videoed for a fitting video (its long!)

Here is the "unboxing video"

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2020 13:37 #228339 by Soeley
Today I made a mini awning for the rear door. All from off cuts left over from my big awning.

Awning C-section stuck in place with 3M double sided tape.

Purposely left a gap, then stuck the longer piece in place.

Some Tarp Clips on the edge to hold in place and cord looped under the door handle.

Just one pole needed

If there is nowhere to get a peg in the ground for the guy line, I could use it like this. It's not in the way if sat on the edge of the boot.

Attachments:

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Sep 2020 15:37 #228372 by Lambert
I installed some new fresh electricity today. Yuasa 057. From Halfords for 72 on the trade card. 91 without.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• GeorgeC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Sep 2020 18:07 #228378 by GeorgeC
Replied by GeorgeC on topic What did you do to your jimny today?

Lambert wrote: I installed some new fresh electricity today. Yuasa 057. From Halfords for 72 on the trade card. 91 without.

Hey, nice battery, SMF, all the fruit! www.halfords.com/motoring/batteries/car-...uarantee-548596.html

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
More
20 Sep 2020 18:14 #228380 by Lambert
Only ever the best for my Dreadnaught. To be fair the bosch that's been replaced was significantly lower cca like 120a less and less ah too. Really springs off the key now.

The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeC

More
20 Sep 2020 20:49 #228385 by Gadget
Managed to break my Gen4 today. Trying to replace all the brake lines and didn't use a flare nut spanner so chewed the fittings up badly. Having problems bleeding the system too. Sigh.

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
More
21 Sep 2020 03:27 #228388 by Lambert
oh no! That's a relatively simple thing for a garage to rectify if you don't have success.

More
25 Sep 2020 16:14 #228536 by Scimike
Today I got a new set of Yokohama G015 tyres fitted to replace the old road biased CF1s.

I had no real complaints about the CF1s, but a nail through the side wall accelerated the need for new. The old tyres had started to show signs of cracking in the tread, but just refused to wear out.
After a big Google and with help from the forum I went for G015s, and they appear to be the correct choice for me.

I was concerned about road noise, but they are very quiet. They have actually made the car steering more precise, I did not expect that so bonus result. They feel exceedingly "sticky" compared to the old tyres, but that's probably just down to the age difference. They pick up grit like a donut sticks to sprinkles :laugh:
Time will tell if I suffer any mpg reduction, but all great and very happy.

I big thumbs up to "For Tyres" Bucknall road who got them for a competitive price and even inflated the tyres to a close enough 24 / 28 instead of the normal 34 plus most tyre places do. I heard them talking about the pressure, but offered no hints just to see what they would do. :evil:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAGZOOK

More
25 Sep 2020 16:59 #228542 by Soeley
I'm sure you'll be very happy with them ;)

More
26 Sep 2020 12:29 #228568 by jackonlyjack
Attachments:

More
26 Sep 2020 12:44 #228569 by Soeley

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
More
02 Oct 2020 12:03 #228698 by Lambert
I was finally able to go back to cross country tyre pressure today instead of road haulage pressure. So much more comfort and more grip on my tracks too, not scrabbling in 2wd anymore.

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds