BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
07 Apr 2020 03:42 #220763 by Reason2doubt
Popped some shock boots on after giving the shocks a bit of a clean (overspray from underseal):
File Attachment:

Scrubbed up the disk backing plate and gave it a lick of paint to continue the red highlights under the car:
File Attachment:

Probably going to buy some new backing plates soon as current ones were pretty thin. Some new bolts would also be nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TillymintDLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Apr 2020 16:23 #220863 by TillymintDLG
Replied by TillymintDLG on topic What did you do to your jimny today?
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationFinished connecting the loom for my Dash Cam.....And while
doing so, found one of the windscreen pillar trim clips was missing..
Anyone know a source please? The Suzuki part no on their ebay site looks nothing like the clip
I already have?

Gaz
Attachments:

More
09 Apr 2020 16:35 #220864 by Scimike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: TillymintDLG

More
09 Apr 2020 21:32 #220870 by Reason2doubt
Today I spent a bit of time putting in my 2nd battery tray from BigJimny. Next up, battery and then fit the dual charge system.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

• TillymintDLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Apr 2020 05:50 #220880 by TillymintDLG
Replied by TillymintDLG on topic What did you do to your jimny today?
Oh that's Great Scimike ! will give them a go, Cheers !

• Hypertensive Cellist
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Apr 2020 19:51 #220911 by Hypertensive Cellist
Replied by Hypertensive Cellist on topic What did you do to your jimny today?
That's a lot cheaper than the main dealers. I was stung for £1.60 each!

More
11 Apr 2020 09:13 #220921 by RumbleAndSway
Smoke indicators, [JS] 2 minute job. Sit a little prouder than Suzuki OEM. Better? Not sure.

More
11 Apr 2020 09:48 #220925 by Max Headroom
OMG - they sit proud? Think of the induced drag and the extra fuel consumption :lol:

No I love em - they look so much better - you should be proud , not the indicators.;)

....I'll get me coat
:)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
13 Apr 2020 18:19 #221042 by Reason2doubt
Painted over the primer in the boot of the car and both footwells.

Before:
File Attachment:

After:
File Attachment:

Also took off the boot rubber seal as I noticed there were a few surface bits of rust towards the bottom. Wire brushed it down, painted it in red oxide primer and painted it today in hammered black hammerite (same as the boot floor).

New battery install tomorrow (fingers crossed it arrives).

More
14 Apr 2020 16:57 - 14 Apr 2020 16:58 #221067 by Scimike
Making the most of the dry warm weather and my time at home, today I topped up the black Waxoyl I applied some time ago. It's done rather well as in the time it's been on, but this should keep Mr Rust at bay for a bit longer.
Of course I also looked the same colour when I had finished, filthy but satisfying job.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Apr 2020 16:58 by Scimike.

• Keirravn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2020 21:41 #221110 by Keirravn
Replied by Keirravn on topic Re:What did you do to your jimny today?
Finally installed the alarm with remote central locking that I bought months ago. What a difference!

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

More
16 Apr 2020 15:50 #221134 by Reason2doubt
A brilliant day to do a little job that has been nagging me for a while - paint the spare wheel holder and remove the adapter plate I had on it.

First step: Wheel off and carrier bracket off.

File Attachment:

I replaced the rubber nubbins on the back door with some small ones I found a while ago in Wilkinsons and put some new bolts in as the previous ones were rusted. A good dose of copper grease to keep them good.

Second step: Remove the adapter plate and paint the stock carrier. I don't really know why I had an adapter plate - occurred to me that I don't really need it with 235/75/15 tyres. It suspended the tyre off the back door and didn't support it properly on the bottom leading to my back door banging on rough roads which was mind-numbing. At the same time I also took the rear window wiper off and gave it a lick of paint and some copper grease on the fixing.

File Attachment:

Third step: Wheel and carrier back on. Sits much more snug up against the back door and the shorter rubber nubbins I put on.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

My new second battery arrived so I got it installed and did a test fit with the dual battery charge system I plan on installing. Super easy to put together and it worked fantastic. The battery gauge measures the voltage accurately as verified by my voltage meter and I can easily link/de-link the batteries for when the winch goes on soon enough.

The battery I managed to fit into the (non-ABS) battery tray was a 90AH leisure battery at a cost of £70 delivered by Tayna.co.uk. Had to be careful with the height as most batteries seem to be over 17.5cm tall which would cause them to hit the underside of the bonnet.

File Attachment:

Not sure of the spelling of 'manual' on the little display unit... but it seems to work regardless.
File Attachment:

Next I will be taking the tray out to modify it and put in a metal rod so I can strap down the battery more securely. I will also be bolting on a metal plate onto the side of it (behind the power steering bottle) so I can fit a fusebox where I will be running all my small auxiliary items off. In the future that should include a few lights and an air compressor. There will also be a fusebox in the car so I can run some proper 2.1amp USB/s, CB eventually, more lighting and anything extra like a small inverter for charging laptops and stuff.

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds