BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

More
05 Sep 2018 20:47 - 05 Sep 2018 20:47 #195722 by Basketcase
Got it some new/ 2nd hand shiny headlights from James not put them in yet but they look all shiny and makes the rest of the car look even worse than it did before! I also had a fiddle with the rear brakes for about 10 mins then had daddy duties...wheel bearings will be fitted soon and hopefully have a mot as well!
Last edit: 05 Sep 2018 20:47 by Basketcase.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2018 18:04 #195747 by Keithy
Fitted my new front bumper a few days back.

Attachments:

More
More
06 Sep 2018 19:59 #195749 by Keithy

jackonlyjack wrote: Looking good pal steel this time ?

Yup...steel this time mate.

Working on a different one for the trayback.

• NineCherries
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Sep 2018 23:41 #195778 by NineCherries
Replied by NineCherries on topic Re:What did you do to your jimny today
Decided to carry on with my car diy and do a bit of underbody prep before the salt starts getting thrown onto the roads again. I’ve still got the back half to do but it was quite satisfying seeing the front look so tidy.
Next week I’ll get the back bumper off and finish up cleaning and painting the back end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2018 06:47 #195786 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Re:What did you do to your jimny today
Looking good Keithy

NineCherries yes when I covered all the underneath a few years ago and then the front beginning of the year gives you a feeling of satisfaction :D

• Jjbradshaw1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Sep 2018 15:43 - 10 Sep 2018 05:36 #195816 by Jjbradshaw1
Replied by Jjbradshaw1 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Fitted a Bluetooth stereo for music & phone calls, phone mount so I can use google maps and a very poor quality Chinese single din cup holder drawer. As you can see I got super glue all over my centre console -.- Also changed the headlight bulbs to some PIAA bulbs and restored the headlight with some sand paper and compound.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Sep 2018 05:36 by Lambert. Reason: Swearing

More
12 Sep 2018 19:14 #195947 by Basketcase
Attempted to undo some wheel bearing retainers on spare hubs I got with the jimny to no avail so after snapping an extension bar went and got a correct size socket for the hub but tool(24mm) and cracked on taking the hubs of the car to do those ones....undid the vac hub on n/s and the case came off but left the rest of the bloody thing on the shaft! A lot of hammering and swearing later all of it came off...then very easily I did the bearing retainer but now can’t do the damn steering linkage to the drivers side! Why is this jimny so determined to not comply!!

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 Sep 2018 19:18 #195949 by Lambert
Because it loves you!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
12 Sep 2018 19:21 #195950 by Basketcase
Well the feeling is certainly not mutual at the mo!!! Got another mot Monday and bearings need doing before the front wheels fall off! Can’t let it fail this time as well! It’s already failed one and missed the retest date cos it’s crap! Lol

• NineCherries
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Sep 2018 23:52 - 13 Sep 2018 23:52 #195987 by NineCherries
Replied by NineCherries on topic What did you do to your jimny today
I’ve trial fitted my new light bar.

I’ve stuck a wanted ad up for an old aerial base is anyone has one going cheap cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edit: 13 Sep 2018 23:52 by NineCherries.

• Grainfoot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Sep 2018 11:47 #195993 by Grainfoot
Replied by Grainfoot on topic Re: What did you do to your jimny today

Jjbradshaw1 wrote: Just got my Jimny back from a five month MOT, can’t complain when the work is free but still. A new front screen, new pads, discs, 2” lift, adjustable panhards, 8” wheels, 235/75 tyres and a service later I’ve got her back. Only problem is it’s now too tall for the dog to jump in the back!

Next order of business, I’ve got a raptor4x4 roof rack, new head unit, new bulbs, snorkel and need to restore the headlight plastic. Also still got a swift sport engine in the garage to fit when my friend and I have an empty weekend :)

Question; to fit a larger wheel on the back door to match the other 4 do you need to modify the mount or strengthen the door hinge?

What do you think to the raptor roof rack. Did you have to modify to fit? What's the quality like.

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds