BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
13 Feb 2016 16:28 #162316 by Halford
put some fuel in :S

last week Gaz did me a full service, changed all oils, took out the paper air filter and re-fitted with a K&N, replaced the standard spark plugs with NGK iridium ones (ouch), replaced power steering aux belt, overhauled brakes etc.

prior to the service I was achieving 28 mpg :(

after the changes, the motor's so much more free-reving and responsive but now I'm down to 25 mpg :pinch:

I've a tiny hole in the exhaust pipe section with the cat but now starting to think there must also be a hole in the petrol tank :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jerry
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Feb 2016 17:33 #162318 by jerry
Replied by jerry on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Fitted rear speakers, so had everything out, boot floor is all good ... got to be happy with that ;)

• jerry
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Feb 2016 17:48 #162319 by jerry
Replied by jerry on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Must be the wheels , tyres, and suspension set up Halford, gave mine a big service last month, including Iridium plugs ( ouch) It's all still standard for now though, I'm getting about 35mpg , only use 97ron petrol ...

More
13 Feb 2016 18:36 #162321 by Rhinoman

Halford wrote: I've a tiny hole in the exhaust pipe section with the cat

Before the cat? that can mess with your O2 sensor readings and cause rich running.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Halford

• ewanm77
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2016 17:05 #162430 by ewanm77
Replied by ewanm77 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
fitted new belts after the alternator one snapped this morning
put a bulb in the 4wd light now its flashing away merrily ( that made me happy)

More
15 Feb 2016 18:29 #162440 by helijohn

Halford wrote:
prior to the service I was achieving 28 mpg :(

after the changes, the motor's so much more free-reving and responsive but now I'm down to 25 mpg :pinch: :

Lift the right foot!! :laugh:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
15 Feb 2016 19:28 #162443 by Halford

helijohn wrote: Lift the right foot!! :laugh:

did this morning :blink:

06.00 this morning black ice along A69, never experienced it before - traveling West ended up sliding along A69 in the middle of the road with the car 45 degrees to the direction I was traveling in. luckily controlled it by lifting off the gas and steering into it and when finally managed to straighten the car at 40mph, popped her into 4WD - which gave another little shimmy, then eased back onto my side of the road. During this "bricking it" occurrence, noticed 3 vehicles smashed up on the other side of the road and debris.

was just so lucky I hadn't been a minute earlier or that there was anything coming during my slide.

just discovered that an hour later there was another smash at the same location ... a chap in a Jimny killed :(

link here

More
15 Feb 2016 20:13 #162446 by helijohn

Halford wrote: a chap in a Jimny killed :(
link here

I drive like I am on a motorbike when it's black ice. Nasty stuff. Trouble is just cos it's a fourbie does not particularly make it better on ice. Best 4x4 I have ever used in really dire weather conditions (meaning ice and snow) is my Pajero. None of the others were a patch on it.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2016 22:55 #162468 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Halford get out and get some lottery tickets mate that was one lucky escape :silly: :woohoo:

• atnas666
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2016 15:51 - 16 Feb 2016 15:52 #162510 by atnas666
Replied by atnas666 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Not today a few weeks ago. 1 Stuck Pajero, 1 broken Ford Mavrick and 2x working jimnys to the rescue

Last edit: 16 Feb 2016 15:52 by atnas666.

• jewi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2016 18:06 #162517 by jewi
Replied by jewi on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Sorry, I agree you've bolted these to the weakest part of the tie down points, designed to tie the Jim to a transporter, they're not recovery points there's a photo on here of one being ripped clean off.[/quote]

Its just a temporary repair until I get proper ones welded in. The shackles i have are too big so had no where to recover it from if i got stuck. If they get pulled off its not the end of the world.

• Alex
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2016 21:19 #162525 by Alex
Replied by Alex on topic What did you do to your jimny today

atnas666 wrote: Not today a few weeks ago. 1 Stuck Pajero, 1 broken Ford Mavrick and 2x working jimnys to the rescue

Hahah, great vid!
Will have to meet up again soon!

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds