BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

• Beano
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Apr 2013 15:28 #68010 by Beano
Replied by Beano on topic Re: What did you do to your jimny today
Just fitted steering damper and new spark plugs.

Runs sweeet! B)

Just need oil tomorrow for oil change....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2013 21:51 #68059 by Johnniehec
Near side front wheel bearing, new second hand front panhard rod, bent the old one on a tree stump, freed off all four caliper slides, took the vacuum pipes off and put loops on the hub connectors while I was under there. Will tackle the back brakes tomorrow.
John.

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Apr 2013 23:16 #68063 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re: What did you do to your jimny today
Some time ago I bought a second hand Asfir fuel tank guard and today got around to fitting it. The biggest problem was getting the old one off; rusty nuts seem to be my nemesis with the Jimny! Luckily, my Irwins bolt grippers have done the job and got them all off.

The old fuel tank guard was rotten and certainly not up to the job of protecting the fuel tank. The bolts holding the old guard on needed replacing. I used some 10.9 Hi-tensile steel bolts. The specification you need are M8, 25mm long thread and a thread pitch of 1.25mm.

Here is the new guard before fitment to the Jimny (the brown stripes are the parcel tape that I couldn't be bothered to clean off!).

Fitted to the Jimny.

• GWR
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Apr 2013 06:55 #68068 by GWR
Replied by GWR on topic Re: What did you do to your jimny today

GuardianAngel wrote: Some time ago I bought a second hand Asfir fuel tank guard and today got around to fitting it. The biggest problem was getting the old one off; rusty nuts seem to be my nemesis with the Jimny! Luckily, my Irwins bolt grippers have done the job and got them all off.

The old fuel tank guard was rotten and certainly not up to the job of protecting the fuel tank. The bolts holding the old guard on needed replacing. I used some 10.9 Hi-tensile steel bolts. The specification you need are M8, 25mm long thread and a thread pitch of 1.25mm.

Thanks for the photos of the replacement as I will be fabricating one in the near future B)

• Cider
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2013 17:24 #68688 by Cider
Replied by Cider on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Broke it laning :angry: :(

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2013 17:29 #68689 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re: What did you do to your jimny today
Patched exhaust with bandage until I get round to fitting a new one. Doesn't blow raspberries any more :lol:

Tried taking off side bars and knackered by crappy cheapo rachet :dry: Going to need to get a new one. Drivers side is off, just the other side to do.

More
14 Apr 2013 18:12 #68693 by j999pre
Replaced a dead vvt engine with a lower mileage one. Damn those gearbox to engine bolts are tight!

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• stephen g
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2013 18:17 #68694 by stephen g
Replied by stephen g on topic What did you do to your jimny today
so you had more fun today than everyone else !!!

• stephen g
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2013 18:19 #68695 by stephen g
Replied by stephen g on topic What did you do to your jimny today

Cider wrote: Broke it laning :angry: :(

so you had more fun today than every one else !! :)

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2013 19:05 #68697 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Opened the garage door looked at the jimny sitting there with half the axle striped down waiting for new king pin bearings from martin and then closed the door with a tear in my eye lol :'(

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2013 13:45 #68739 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Bought some new bits to stop it having the 'wobbles' ............. fingers crossed ................. :whistle:

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2013 19:05 #68757 by adamjimny
Replied by adamjimny on topic Re: What did you do to your jimny today
Bought a jeep cherokee for 800 insured it for 290 so i can do my trailer license and tow the jimny about when needed. Expensive day

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds