BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
26 Jan 2022 18:57 #241517 by lookonimages

mlines wrote: Its time Geraldine has some grown up boots to wear.

Good job I checked the pressures when I left the tyre centre, I am not sure what they were thinking. Quite why they could not read the plate inside the door which are mandatory on all vehicles for the last few years I do not know?

that is perfect shoes for her.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2022 19:41 #241518 by DrRobin
They don’t seem to bother checking the plate, just their chart which gives standard and/or maximum pressures for the tyre size, which for a light vehicle like a Jimny is far too much.

That or they just wack 36 psi into everything smaller than a truck.

Last tyres I had fitted to my Jimny the guy asked me what pressure I normally use, 25psi I said, when I checked them later at cold they were around 28-29psi.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
26 Jan 2022 22:21 #241522 by Roger Fairclough
Most tyre shops use Dunlop style linear inflators and after being dragged across the floor, kicked or trodden on and filled with dust and crap they don't have much chance of telling the truth.

Roger

More
28 Jan 2022 21:19 #241552 by mlines
Spent an hour losing a battle with a very clicky but fully working CV I am attempting to change. It's much easier when they have exploded on their own! 

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Attachments:

More
30 Jan 2022 10:18 #241575 by Roger Fairclough
It's not just the tyre pressures you need to worry about.

Just as important are the wheel nut torque settings they use. All to often it's the windy gun that wins over the somewhat battered wrench.

Roger

More
30 Jan 2022 17:18 #241599 by louchy

Decided to upgrade the front speakers and add some in the rear on my 2003 Jimny!

At least I got a good view of the floor plan and side panels to check for rust! It’s pretty clean, and the stereo sounds much better now!

2003 '53 Jimny JLX Mode
2" Suspension Lift
Modular Steel Wheels + Manual Hubs
BFG MT's
ARB Delete
Breathers (Diffs, Transfer Box, Gearbox)
Raptor 4x4 Snorkel
Jimnybits Armour (Diffs, Transfer Box, Fuel Tank, Shock Mounts, Rad Arms)
Front & Rear Recovery Points
Front & Rear Lightbars

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
01 Feb 2022 13:18 #241649 by louchy
Added some new Steels and BFG KM3's 

2003 '53 Jimny JLX Mode
2" Suspension Lift
BFG MT's
ARB Delete
Raptor 4x4 Snorkel
Front & Rear Lightbars

Attachments:

More
01 Feb 2022 13:59 - 01 Feb 2022 14:02 #241651 by thieuster
I mounted new wheels and tyres this morning (pics on a later time, it's raining cats and dogs here). An appointment for alignment on Thursday morning. The car tends to wander to the right.

I'm pretty blessed with good automotive-related companies in my town. E.g., The guy who does the alignment has customers from all over the country, with sometimes exotic cars. He's good. |n the past, he did my Porsche. He turned it from 'lethally vaguely steering' to 'confident and accurate steering and road holding. I have good reasons to think he'll sort out the Jimny as well.

Chronologically:
- 1959 Triumph TR3A
- 1970 Saab 96V4
- 1973 Saab 95V4
- 2001 Suzuki Jimny
- 2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid 4x4
Gone:
- 1973 Porsche 914
- 1993 Suzuki Samurai
New:
- 1991 Peugeot 205 automatic with < 60K miles!
Last edit: 01 Feb 2022 14:02 by thieuster.

• Rothbury1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Feb 2022 21:21 #241701 by Rothbury1
Replied by Rothbury1 on topic What did i do to my Jimny today
Hi  all, we took delivery of a new Jimny from the dealer swapping the 3 for the new and drove home noticing the immediate differences of a little more power and  few cms. of space,as well as a more comfy ride,after dropping the tyre pressures from 35psi to 26.
Ist job was to underseal spray with Lanotech, my favourite easy to apply sealer, every weld, bolt, join was covered ,drainage holes were fully injected.
Fitted bonnet protector, monsoon rain deflectors and rear window heater wire covers.
Next job is to change all oils after its first 1000kms purely for peace of mind, as well as fitting diif breathers.
Stay safe all.

More
05 Feb 2022 08:19 #241707 by louchy
Fitted a 42” light bar with brackets from Lamberts Engineering yesterday. Really neat fit….

2003 '53 Jimny JLX Mode
2" Suspension Lift
BFG MT's
ARB Delete
Raptor 4x4 Snorkel
Front & Rear Lightbars

Attachments:

More
07 Feb 2022 19:58 #241741 by Scimike
Hopefully I've found the source of the latest RJN - that's Random Jimny Noise.
it's the passenger side rear spring that's take to making the odd "bong" for no rhyme or reason. I finally found the correct sequence of jumping on, pushing and pulling the Jimny, in a fashion at that keeps the neighborhood amused, to evoke said noise.
A squirt of oil has shut it up, hopefully.
You gotta love you Jimny to keep it, luckily I do.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
08 Feb 2022 05:23 #241746 by Lambert
I get lots of intermittent irritating noises from the passenger side of Temeraire. Fortunately I can kick my wife or dad out of the car for some peace and quiet!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lookonimages

Time to create page: 0.520 seconds