BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

jimny magazine?????????????????

• kay88
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Sep 2010 16:59 #4735 by kay88
jimny magazine????????????????? was created by kay88
Hi was just wondering if any1 knows if there is a jimny magazine, i have searched on the internet but cant seem 2 find 1 ??????????????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2010 22:24 #4739 by kirkynut
Hi there,

Not to my knowledge there isn't, I find looking at all the forums and seeing what others have done a little like reading magazines!

There are now 3 Land Rover magazines in the UK, reduced recently from 4 but not a single Suzuki Off Road magazine to cater for all the Off Road models from LJ through SJ, Virara to Jimny and Grand Vitaras.

I have often thought that this is unbalanced and that a Suzuki magazine might be an economically viable prospect, but it would be a close call as to whether it would take off.

Total Off Road covers a number of Suzuki builds and tries it's best to cover alot of home builds aswell as those by companies such as KAP and ORA.

Suzukis are popular in the UK in the off road fraternity but if you go to an average pay and play day, they are out numbered by Land Rovers I expect by 2/3 to 1/3.

To reduce it down to just Jimny's would be reducing it too much I fear as the target reading group would be quite small.

I think an bi-monthly Suzuki magazine would do well and if it picked up momentum could go monthly. Maybe to save costs an electronic version with PDF's sent by email at a cost would be possible and financially viable, advertisements would always be necessary and you reduce the number of potential advertisers by it being Suzuki only.

I have a full time job and no money free for a business venture as such, but would love to see it happen and contribute to it!

Anyone out there fancy a little flutter on such a business venture??? Go on, you know it makes sense!!!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
24 Dec 2010 13:09 #8057 by Foxtrot
Hi,

FYI, 4x4 magazine has just got a new Jimny for one of its editors to use and review each month, I wasn’t very impressed with Decembers issue she just took it to the hairdressers!!

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds