BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Lobster fitted

More
23 Aug 2010 20:39 #4383 by Millduu
Lobster fitted was created by Millduu
Just got the lobster fitted and what a difference.
Only took it for a quick play up a steep hill but this is amazing compared to standard.
Low range comin back down hills is sooo slow.
Would really recommend this to anybody,if I'd done this to my first Jimny I'd have never gone and bought the Disco,but I've learnt my lesson the hard way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2010 11:24 #4409 by Johnniehec
Replied by Johnniehec on topic Re:Lobster fitted
Millduu, which lobster have you chosen? Ratios/builder etc? has it affected road performance?
I'm thinking about one but don't want to change the road performance which I think is fine even with 30 9.50 15's

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

More
26 Aug 2010 15:19 #4410 by Millduu
Replied by Millduu on topic Re:Lobster fitted
It's a Redacted box 4:1.
I'm running 235/75/15 's and with this it makes it much more lively on the road.
Will be giving it a good go on monday at KORC.

More
26 Aug 2010 16:30 #4411 by Asbojimny
Replied by Asbojimny on topic Re:Lobster fitted
Excellent mod,one of the best. We've got the rocklobster in ours. Running 235 85 16's. Plenty low gearing. Hi range we find little difference between 4th and 5th.

scottishmudclub.com

More
31 Aug 2010 17:22 #4444 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Lobster fitted
I've got a Redacted 4:1 Rocklobster and will be using it for the first time this weekend!!!

I'm quite excited!!!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
31 Aug 2010 18:40 #4453 by Jamie
Replied by Jamie on topic Re:Lobster fitted
You will love it!!!! My lobster from the stable of Redacted had it's first
Outing at kirton on Saturday and it's amazing!!!! Wish I had done it years ago!!! Around town it's really zippy now but not much fun on the motorway!!!!!

More
01 Sep 2010 06:49 #4459 by Millduu
Replied by Millduu on topic Re:Lobster fitted
Went to KORC on monday,didn't realise they're not really open as everyone was going after the weekend.But the guys let us stay till 2.30 for £25 which wasn't bad as there was only a handfull of people goin round.
The lobsters amazing,my cousins got my old jimny and to be honest he got everywhere I went but mine did it with a few less revs!!
Even got back up under the bridge which I couldn't in the disco.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds