BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Is 4" too much ?

• Haydon
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2012 10:12 #41344 by Haydon
Is 4" too much ? was created by Haydon
im currently at 2" with standard size tires but am thinking about going to 4" with bigger tires? is it worth the money? with all the extras i would need for such a big lift and would it make my day to day drive, undriveable ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• reaper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2012 10:40 #41346 by reaper
Replied by reaper on topic Re: Is 4" too much ?
Depending how much you use it off road I'd say no stick with the 2" lift
If you go bigger and bigger tyres then your guna need a rock lobster

ics rooted an clocked and still I carnt type using tapatalk

• Haydon
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2012 10:47 #41347 by Haydon
Replied by Haydon on topic Re: Is 4" too much ?
all my friends drive landcruisers or hiluxs so obvoisly my zook is towered over, but you think 4 is too much, ive seen it, but it just doesnt seem like its worth the hassle

• Sam_
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2012 15:17 #41367 by Sam_
Replied by Sam_ on topic Re: Is 4" too much ?
I've got 2" suspension and 2" body lift and drive mine everyday on the road and try to everyweekend get off road and its fine!

Mind you I bought it like that so don't know any better! also mines got a rocklobster...

• myers647
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2012 21:45 #41404 by myers647
Replied by myers647 on topic Re: Is 4" too much ?
Hi mate Iv had a 2" lift and a 3". To be honest I would stick with the 2" lift there isnt anything really I cant do just with this and some good off road tyres.

More
30 May 2012 19:29 - 30 May 2012 19:51 #41440 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Re: Is 4" too much ?
Hi Haydon, stick with the 2" lift just get some 205 or 215/75/15 M/T or A/T this will save you fitting a lobster box , and you can still use it as your daily drive.

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Last edit: 30 May 2012 19:51 by dirtydogz.

• Mumbo Jimbo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 May 2012 20:03 #41448 by Mumbo Jimbo
Replied by Mumbo Jimbo on topic Re: Is 4" too much ?
I really like my 4.5" lift with 31" tyres and use it as a daily drive, but I think I enjoyed driving it off-road more when it was lower and on 215/75/15" tyres and it was just as able. Grounding out in deep ruts at pay and play sites was the main reason for me going higher. If you can live with the extra cost of the higher lift and everything that goes with it, I'd say go for it, but if you don't you'll still have a great off-road vehicle so you can't lose really.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds