BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

so what do guys want ?

• Yellostreak
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Dec 2014 06:20 #132363 by Yellostreak
Replied by Yellostreak on topic so what do guys want ?
A jimny version of this....

TORNADO TRAYBACK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rockwatt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Dec 2014 07:49 #132364 by Rockwatt
Replied by Rockwatt on topic so what do guys want ?

Yellostreak wrote: A jimny version of this....

TORNADO TRAYBACK

We can do you one of those ! When do you want

More
15 Dec 2014 10:08 #132366 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic so what do guys want ?

j999pre wrote: Simple! FLEX!

This! And anything to improve flex and clearance without resorting to big lifts;

Really simple, tough steel bumpers for those of us who don't want winches but want the maximum approach angle.

Radius arm re-location kits to improve clearance (over axle and beside the chassis rather than under it?)

Selectable mechanical lockers that don't need air.

• Yellostreak
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Dec 2014 10:15 #132368 by Yellostreak
Replied by Yellostreak on topic so what do guys want ?

Rockwatt wrote:

Yellostreak wrote: A jimny version of this....

TORNADO TRAYBACK

We can do you one of those ! When do you want

Knew you could :) got to get some space sorted out and then get a decent rolling chassis or even get you guys to fabricate one.... once I have the space I can set to doing the fit out and electrics/electronics...

I also want to see if I can get around crappy Jimny CVs and to be honest my first thought is to fit Landrover axles :pinch: ... only because you can ARB them and there are loads available..

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Dec 2014 23:37 #132434 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic so what do guys want ?

vitara_mad wrote:

Rockwatt wrote:

vitara_mad wrote: affordable diesel conversion kit

What do you mean buy affordable? The reason the kits are expensive is the time consuming machining involved, if I could guarantee to sell say 50 kits and not have ££kkk sat on the shelf for years then maybe I could make some for less but there just not viable for me to make a few at mass produced prices.

And as you know me and how I work ! I make things to a quality not a price so if I did make some they may be expensive but you would know they would work properly don't you :-)

yes I know the quality would be good that's why I asked you a few months ago about the flywheels im still on the case trying to get at least 1 done for me

What flywheel are you after ?

• Flameboi201
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Dec 2014 07:25 #132436 by Flameboi201
Replied by Flameboi201 on topic so what do guys want ?

Busta wrote:

j999pre wrote: Simple! FLEX!

This! And anything to improve flex and clearance without resorting to big lifts;

Really simple, tough steel bumpers for those of us who don't want winches but want the maximum approach angle.

Radius arm re-location kits to improve clearance (over axle and beside the chassis rather than under it?)

Selectable mechanical lockers that don't need air.

Both types of bumpers will be ready soon . Orderd the steel yestetday :-)

• jimothy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Dec 2014 20:46 #132514 by jimothy
Replied by jimothy on topic so what do guys want ?
What about a modified king pin that can be greased. Or has this already been done. Just saves striping it down every time to grease the bearings.

• durdle
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Dec 2014 20:52 #132517 by durdle
Replied by durdle on topic Re: so what do guys want ?
if we are speaking custom bits thatd be so helpful would be (already mensioned) dislocating suspension, another would be (also said) wide spats cant think what else to do

More
16 Dec 2014 21:17 #132528 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic so what do guys want ?

jimothy wrote: What about a modified king pin that can be greased. Or has this already been done. Just saves striping it down every time to grease the bearings.

Sorry, it wouldn't work, the kingpin goes through the inner bearing race, there would be no way for the grease to reach the roller bearings. Best to strip and clean and regrease regularly.

• jimothy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Dec 2014 21:43 #132540 by jimothy
Replied by jimothy on topic so what do guys want ?
Not if the bottom of the bearing seats were caped. This would prevent the grease falling into the cv housing.and when the grease is pushed in would have no choice but to fill the bearings. It would also stop all that crap and water getting into the bearings especially the bottom one.

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Dec 2014 23:04 - 16 Dec 2014 23:16 #132557 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic so what do guys want ?

supergaz wrote:

jimothy wrote: What about a modified king pin that can be greased. Or has this already been done. Just saves striping it down every time to grease the bearings.

Sorry, it wouldn't work, the kingpin goes through the inner bearing race, there would be no way for the grease to reach the roller bearings. Best to strip and clean and regrease regularly.

G wagon uses a tin cap under the bearing cup in the axle and another tin cup above the bearing race then the king pin has a hole and grease nipple very simple and very effective so could be done

Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Dec 2014 23:16 by Dave cc.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds