BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

parts wanted

• russell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Oct 2011 16:39 #23948 by russell
parts wanted was created by russell
hey guys im after a tow bar for my jimny, a sump sheild / steering gaurd, a 2 " lift ect if any one has any second hand bits im intrested if not weres a good place to buy new?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• myers647
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Oct 2011 17:16 #23957 by myers647
Replied by myers647 on topic Re: parts wanted
Hi mate and welcome to the club. I have sourced all my off road bits off Ebay ad the shop on this site. It can get very expensive if you get the bug. Just have a search around ebay for the 2nd hand bits thats probably your best bet.

thanks

james

• grumpy22
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Oct 2011 18:13 #23968 by grumpy22
Replied by grumpy22 on topic Re: parts wanted
towbars are like rocking horse.......

I've been looking for a used one without success for a few weeks

cheers

More
18 Oct 2011 18:30 - 18 Oct 2011 18:30 #23971 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: parts wanted
Why do you want a sump shield / steering guard on a Jimny?

There really is no need unless it's for vanity. Land Rovers need them because they have steering arms made of cheese. Suzuki's have them made of proper metal and they are in a different position and out of the way.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 18 Oct 2011 18:30 by kirkynut.

• russell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Oct 2011 14:39 #24033 by russell
Replied by russell on topic Re: parts wanted
alot of the ground i shoot over is long grass and i seem to be breaking alternator belts like there going out of fashion! iv had the car 3 months and broke 6 alternator belts its always when i go shooting threw long grass sometimes the grass or thistels ect are taller that the bonnet i thought a sump gaurd would stop the debry from tearing the belt off the bottom pully with my old discovery i fitted one and yes that was purly for the steering arms but on this its because its dam anoying keep putting belts on it were there torn off by grass and weeds, and thanks guys

More
19 Oct 2011 18:45 #24056 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: parts wanted
Cool, as long as you have a reason as I didn't want you wasting your money!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Nobby22
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Oct 2011 19:06 #24062 by Nobby22
Replied by Nobby22 on topic Re: parts wanted
How about this?
www.taubenreuther-shop.co.uk/shop/index.php?pli=1007040045
If you look at the youtube video it shows you how it will sit. You can dicide if it will help or not. That jimny has also got a 2" trailmaster lift. Probably the best 2" kit you can get.

Iam not sure where the parts come from but they look well made.

Nobby

• russell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Oct 2011 17:21 #24125 by russell
Replied by russell on topic Re: parts wanted
cool thanks guys very much apreciated the video is helpfull i think ill self fabricate a sump sheild from ally cheers agsin guys

• causeyboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Oct 2011 17:57 #24133 by causeyboy
Replied by causeyboy on topic Re: parts wanted
try ktduk in gateshead they won't have any second hand but sorted me out with a new swan kneck type

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds