BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Best way to get off road insurance?

• norm
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2011 15:46 #19635 by norm
Where is the best place to look for off road insurance?

Thanks all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2011 16:37 - 28 Jul 2011 16:38 #19639 by mlines
You will find that virtually no-where does "off-road" insurance that meets your expectations.

I would guess you are looking for damage insurance etc. which, of course, happens often enough for no-one to insure against it.

Off-road insurance really means 3rd Party Liability insurance. i.e. if an innocent passing pedestrian is injured then they can claim off your insurance. Most off-road sites have this insurance anyway so you do not need a personal version if you are using a properly insured site. Some household policies offer this as part of your house insurance, ie. if anyone is hurt by your actions they can place a 3rd party claim.

If you are looking for "Green Lane" insurance then remember that "Green Lanes" are public highways so your normal road insurance covers you, don't be fooled into paying more for "Green Lane" cover.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 28 Jul 2011 16:38 by mlines.

• Nobby22
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2011 17:53 #19644 by Nobby22
Replied by Nobby22 on topic Re: Best way to get off road insurance?
Try Adrian Flux. They give off road cover and green lane cover. I was also surprised how cheap they are. I am 21 and they are about £300 cheaper than directline. :ohmy: . Any mods to your car are also covered and for me cost no more. You deal with a dedicated 4x4 department so they know what your talking about when you list everthing your car has. They give quotes online so may be worth a look.

Nobby

More
28 Jul 2011 19:30 #19646 by mcjimny
As above, i asked directly if i totalled my truck on a pay and play day would i be covered. I also asked if it had to be a club organised day for the cover to apply.

Both answers were a firm yes! I am going to call them though as there were no endorsements to back this up and there is the standard wording excluding racing, time trials etc....

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

• adamatdraycott
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jul 2011 04:29 #19655 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic Re: Best way to get off road insurance?

Nobby22 wrote: Try Adrian Flux. They give off road cover and green lane cover. I was also surprised how cheap they are. I am 21 and they are about £300 cheaper than directline. :ohmy: . Any mods to your car are also covered and for me cost no more. You deal with a dedicated 4x4 department so they know what your talking about when you list everthing your car has. They give quotes online so may be worth a look.

Nobby

Adrian Flux aren't always cheap... they quoted me £1200 ish, when i have a quote of £800!
21yo, Clean license, no claims ever

More
29 Jul 2011 10:40 #19664 by facade
I managed to halve Adrian Flux's renewal quote* by going to comparethemeerkat then Adrian Flux shaved about £10 off the best quote.

*Funny how the renewal doubled from the first year, almost as if new business is very heavily discounted at the expense of existing customers :whistle: :whistle:

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
29 Jul 2011 22:25 #19704 by kirkynut
I'm with Cherished Vehicle Insurance - it's a new name for one of the old big ones - I've got a limited mileage policy which covers me on road/highway and off road fully comp.

So if I roll it down a hill on an offroad site it'll be covered.

They are no interested in No Claims - it is what it is.

Can't remember what i paid but I came away from Adrian Flux because they were substantially more expensive and I have no interest in No Claims on the Jimny due to the limited mileage and I'm getting older.

I have used the No Claims I had built up on a car that replaced a motorcycle that was insured via Bike Sure - a division of A.Flux. That got written off and I used the insurance money to buy a car to replace it.

The service was good during the claim, so A.Flux are still a good company to deal with.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds