BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

4WD

More
17 Jan 2010 09:41 #1895 by Ian
4WD was created by Ian
Hi all, thanks to all those members who have put in their piece about my problem. Let me explain. 06 Jimny stuck in 4L. I was parking it on the drive in the snow in 4H, just dropped a front wheel over the kerb so put in 4L and reversed back. Now it wont go back into 4H or 2H it just beeps and flashes. I disconnected the 4wd electronic box on the drivers footwell and switched on the engine and the hubs did not clunk. Took the hubs off and pressed them in to the off position. Re started the engine and the hubs clunk into position? Why??? They are on no matter what I do. I removed the actuator on the back of the transfer box and tried the switches and no movement. (With the ignition on)I have removed and replaced every connector(and there are lots)and no obvious probs there. It's still stuck. Before I get it trailered to the main dealer, and a ridiculous bill I do not want to pay, does anyone have any other ideas. Oh yes and I've rocked it back and forth to no avail. HELP!!!!!!!!! I'm regretting buying this! Am at present using a 98 Jimny with a nice simple lever that works.Regards Ian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2010 16:36 #1900 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Re:4WD
Part 2. If you get stuck in 4wdL with the switch system all you need to do is unbolt the actuator electric motor(the black bit) on the back of the transfer box with a 10mm spanner, 3 bolts remove, then rotate the large plastic gear clockwise to disengage the gear and release the hubs. Remove the two connectors from the 4wd box up on the drivers footwell or the pulsed warning will drive you mad. Simple!!!!
Now all I need to do is to get the motor on the bench and see if it or the 4wd box is at fault (I'm hoping its the motor!) I'll let you know when I get the chance to look at it. Regards Ian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds