BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Snow laning in Buxton

More
12 Jan 2010 18:14 #1844 by Dubbernut
A few of us went laning in Buxton on Saturday. I know i havent got a Jimny yet but the Disco served me well and thought id show you some pics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2010 19:36 #1845 by Baz2236
Replied by Baz2236 on topic Re:Snow laning in Buxton
Looks fun. You had loads of snow we only have a couple of cm's it melted a day later.

Baz

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
12 Jan 2010 20:20 #1846 by funkyjimny
Replied by funkyjimny on topic Re:Snow laning in Buxton
Cool, we did Chapel Gate, Roych Clough, stanage edge etc on 20th December with 8" of snow on the ground, fantastic fun, was the day some unprepared lad left his disco on Roych Clough and it got trashed by vandals. We also did Norht Wales on 3rd Jan, way too much snow up there.
Shame thats probably it for decent snow this year, its been great fun, not been out in it enough what with work and family commitments
Gary

More
13 Jan 2010 18:52 #1850 by wildfire
Replied by wildfire on topic Re:Snow laning in Buxton
looks like you had an excellent time! I must join a club, as i have all these lanes around here to do! You should have seen the lanes (tarmaced) to buxton today, about 1/2 mile of carved out snow dift it was like driving though a 6 foot high snow valley with about 30 cm each side spare while on ice!

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
13 Jan 2010 19:09 #1851 by funkyjimny
Replied by funkyjimny on topic Re:Snow laning in Buxton
Its not so much clubs, just finding like minded people with similar cars, who like similar types of laning, we stick together as a group and dont really invite others along very often as we know each other fairly well, have a good banter on the CB between ourselves, know that between each of the 4 cars we can recover each other from most situations. All our cars are a similar spec, locker in rear axle, 3" lift, 30" tyres, rocklobster box, big winch. If the lead vehicle doesnt make it through then we can pull it backwards and turn around,If it does make it then all the others will too. Theres no dragging the lowest spec truck around by a winch cable. :laugh: Were into scenery too, must be a scenic trip, not interested in mud, but we like something challenging like huge rock steps!

Gary

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds