BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Feeling Smug!!!

More
25 Dec 2009 11:07 #1689 by kirkynut
Feeling Smug!!! was created by kirkynut
I'm feeling smug as we've been able to get about with no issues during the recent snowy weather whilst others have been struggling to get out of their parking spaces, let alone drive down the road.

It has all gone down here in Southend-on-Sea, but I towed three vehicles during the snow!

The first was a necessity as it was blocking our way to the local sledging spot!!! A 58 plate Lexus going backwards with the wheels spinning forwards on a hill.

The second was technically a breakdown as I bump started a Renualt Megane Scenic with a flat battery for a family member of my partner.

The third was down to my festive spirit - A MK3 Mondeo that had slid to the side of the road due to a steep camber and was stuck partly over a junction at the bottom of my partner's road. I sat with 4 wheels spinning on sheet ice whilst the car of 150% weight on the rope behind me would not move - got it out with persistance though!!!

Have any of you done any tows and felt as smug as I?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds