BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Clunk/Clang - when in 4Low .

More
23 May 2011 11:49 #16831 by maverick
I've gotta an occassional LOUD clunk/clang coming from T-case area when in 2 or 4Low and driving up punishing sections.

I've looked underneath, and all T-case rubber mounts are fine and secure - something is obviously moving to cause the T-Case to move - What else could it be??

Jalapeño, IISY?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2011 12:05 #16833 by mlines
"Frozen" universal joint?

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
23 May 2011 12:15 #16835 by maverick
All UJ's look fine Martin - although it may be worth me takin them all off for detailed inspection.

Jalapeño, IISY?

More
23 May 2011 12:17 - 23 May 2011 12:18 #16836 by mlines
When I have had one freeze on me the only way to tell was to release the prop and check how freely it moves around. It was stiff in one direction :ohmy:

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 23 May 2011 12:18 by mlines.

More
25 May 2011 10:13 #16927 by maverick
i think i've found it ...

All the T-case rubber mounts are NEW and are not rotted, or split.

But, then I remembered there's a rubber mount/bush at the Gearbox end (just below where the short/stubby propshaft is) … the bush on mine is ok, not rotted or split, but there is a main bolt going through it, to secure it … my bolt was loose … it's not loose anymore!!

Martin - I will take all the props off this week, and inspect them - If i need replacements, do you stock them??

Have i fixed it ... Only the next 4x4 trip will tell ... errrr when is that ... Arrrr YES, June 5th - Shropshire!

Jalapeño, IISY?

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds