BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

215/75 on 7x15 don't fit mk2 with no lift

• Municipal Waste
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 May 2011 18:33 #17116 by Municipal Waste
Replied by Municipal Waste on topic Re: 215/75 on 7x15 don't fit mk2 with no lift
Ah sweet retreads aren't covered. Let's all get Insa Special Tracks on purpose and drive around Brussels!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SPC5838
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jun 2011 21:27 - 01 Jun 2011 21:28 #17210 by SPC5838
Replied by SPC5838 on topic Re: 215/75 on 7x15 don't fit mk2 with no lift
Good plan Municipal :P Can turn the sidelights on as well to prove we don't all need daytime running lights and can actually work a switch, since they're apparently going to be compulsory as well on new vehicles :huh: Think a Volvo owner got loose at the EU...

That's a bit of a sod about the Toyo's @ Blackcircle, there goes my "easy to replace" theory :( Hopefully they'll still have a few 215/75 to keep in the shed just in case. I got an email for "customer feedback" from them, think I'll fill it out and tell them to find more ! Those reg's have to be effecting supply, it's the only obvious reason why some patterns are disappearing from main stream ( non-remould ) makers and the price of what's left is ( was ? haven't looked since got mine ) going up.The £30 odd quid tyresdirect slapped on 205/70 maxxis trepador is a joke, it's in the region of 50% increase in one go :woohoo:

As an aside, the Toyo's seem quite good, had a shot on wet grass, mud and gravel with no problems and 200 odd miles on road up the A9 in one go in the best a Scottish summer has to give ( standing water, driving rain and wind ;) ) and no dramas. If the ditch finders, sorry, Bridgestones were still on it would have been an interesting drive no doubt :S
Last edit: 01 Jun 2011 21:28 by SPC5838.

More
11 Jun 2011 12:32 #17637 by Halford
was out on tarmac in the lashing rain today on the stock 205/70R50 HT694 bridgestone dueller's - whilst negotiating a roundabout at "normal" (as in sensible) speed the back end simply stepped out :ohmy: - was easy to correct, but it was rather unexpected - the wife's still not speaking to me cause the weekly shop needed repacking :(

surprised how bad the HT694's actually are in the wet, can't wait until the end of July to get the Grabbers.

More
11 Jun 2011 18:11 #17654 by supergaz
I think the Bridgestone Duellers should be banned. I replaced mine well before they were worn out as they were so bad.

• Nelson83
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jun 2011 23:09 #17658 by Nelson83
Replied by Nelson83 on topic Re: 215/75 on 7x15 don't fit mk2 with no lift
I've got the grabbers on mine and had the back end slide out in the wet when cornering on roundabouts - might have something to do with my speed and driving style though!!!! :P :laugh: :laugh: but when driven "properly" they grip really well - really impressed with them on and off road

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds