BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

got another jimny

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2009 15:39 #1649 by Baloo
got another jimny was created by Baloo
hello all
my name is Andy, l have got round to buying myself another jimny, l last had one back in 2000 so its been a while, l expect the mods will soon begin but first l better get it moted and taxed so as l can get it on the road, or off preferably :cheer:

l have been pondering a diesel conversion but the extra wieght l see as a downside, l supose l should wiegh the diesel engine first and compare it againt the jimny engine to see how much of a differece we are talking about, it might be less thatn the wieght of a winch bumper for all l know

what do you guys think ? l tried asking on jimny.se but it seems a bit slow on there

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2009 15:51 - 19 Dec 2009 15:51 #1650 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:got another jimny
Petrol Jimny Kerb weight = 1420 Kilos

Diesel Jimny Kerb weight = 1500 Kilos

So the Renualt 1.5 Diesel engine adds in 80 kilos to the Jimny - like carrying another adult in the car

Peugeot 206 1.4 Petrol kerb weight- 1030Kg
Peugueot 206 1.9HDi kerb weight - 1050kg

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 19 Dec 2009 15:51 by mlines.

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2009 16:07 #1651 by Baloo
Replied by Baloo on topic Re:got another jimny
hi Martin
thanks for that, dosent sound to bad then dose it, not much different to adding a winch and bumper on the front, do people fit uprated springs when they install a winch ?

Andy

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2009 16:11 - 19 Dec 2009 16:11 #1652 by Baloo
Replied by Baloo on topic Re:got another jimny
looking at the figues for the jimnys wieght l am suprised at how much it wieghs 1.5 tons is quite a lot for such a small nimble thing,
l can belive it though as l stripped my last jimny and with the shell with no doors on 4 people really struggled to lift it off the chassis, l remember thinking back then that the shell has some wieght to it compared to an sj

Andy
Last edit: 19 Dec 2009 16:11 by Baloo.

More
19 Dec 2009 17:58 #1653 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:got another jimny
I guess the weight is in the chassis and axles when comapred to a normal car. I would be interested in what the weight of mine is as it has a full exterior KAP rollcage, front and rear steel bumpers with a winch on the front. My guess is that it is pretty solid which would explain its lack of performance (60mph is about it!) It also does not handle mud well but likes rocky surfaces which is also a weight thing, perhaps I should look to where I can save weight.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
20 Dec 2009 19:29 #1659 by funkyjimny
Replied by funkyjimny on topic Re:got another jimny
60mph ? I bottled out in mine at 85 mph the other day , on a private test track of course lol !

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds