BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Japanise ground clearance, future of Jimny?

• Omar Brännström
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2011 15:49 #15166 by Omar Brännström
Japanise ground clearance, future of Jimny? was created by Omar Brännström
Hi

have a Suzuki Jimny 2001 and angle of approach is 42 degress but I noticed that the new Jimny has angle of approach of 37 degress.

The japanise Jimny have 49 degress of aproach 1cm better ground clearance, mostly due because the have taller rims at 16 inch.

Picture here ("european model"?, the left newer Jimny with bigger bumper and do not show the tire so much, to the right older jimny with smaller bumper and shows the tire more.

Looks cooler with more tire that shows in front.

auszookers.com/index.php?name=Forums&fil...storder=asc&start=30

It should look like this

thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/s/?@0_mall.../item/jm-2010_01.jpg

I am waiting for a new Jimny modell but I am afraid that Suzuki will make it even more carlike.

Even the new vitara have no sparewheel in back and have IFS and not availible in green, it looks bad in the future for good, safe and cool 4WD from Suzuki Europe.

Soon I need a new 4wd 2 door green, they do not sell Jimny anymore in Sweden because it lacks esp and are considered to be unsafe so my only choice would probably be Jeep Wrangler JK, the landrover defender are to high for my garage.

I have noticed that it is much easier to get cool stuff to a wrangler in Europe compared to a Jimny in Europe, sad because they have a lot of stuff in Japan for jimnys and no one are reseller for them in europe and can install the things.

Some examples

www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/apio/

www.k-products.jp/detailed.php?no=071228

item.rakuten.co.jp/rv4wildgoose/holder_career016/

The Jimny is from 1998 so it is time for Suzuki to release a new version of Jimny that is great in terrain and have the latest things like ESP, traction control or even maybe lockers. It needs a better stereo system. Better ground clearance and approach and departure angles and more protection and no painted fenders and mirrors and such, more just black plastic around the car, would look more cool.

Best regards from Sweden.

Omar Brännström

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• paulnb57
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2011 18:43 #15186 by paulnb57
This rumour has been around for a while.............

indianautosblog.com/2009/12/rumormill-al...ing-to-the-auto-expo

Paul

• Monkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Apr 2011 06:56 #15335 by Monkey
Auszookers.com

worlds best all round zook site.

Any way i don't mind the new space age looking jimny cus it will be one of the last 4wd to have live axles as all the other car companies are getting away from live axle, so that will be a big selling point.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds