BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

quiet on here ?

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2011 17:43 #15032 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic Re: quiet on here ?
Fingers crossed for you. :unsure:
I think you might have noticed by now if it was as bad as mine was. :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2011 06:12 #15056 by bertbuckie
Replied by bertbuckie on topic Re: quiet on here ?

Keefe wrote: Fingers crossed for you. :unsure:
I think you might have noticed by now if it was as bad as mine was. :ohmy:

lol, its not great like :( - I will try and get a couple pics taken and sent to martin to upload today :)
I still need to rip the carpet out and check under there as well...... I kinda like the bare look without all the plastics in the rear lol

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2011 06:18 #15057 by bertbuckie
Replied by bertbuckie on topic Re: quiet on here ?
Out of curiosity keefe, how much did you pay to have yours plated up ?

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2011 07:20 #15065 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic Re: quiet on here ?
The bloke did it for £100 all in.
He schultzed all the repair underneath as well, sealed all the joints with that white rubbery joint sealer. :blush: Whatever it's called?

He didn't cut it all out and butt weld the repair patches in. He, as asked by me, just plated over every thing, including seat mounts as I'd no intention of putting them back in.
He cleaned it up from underneath and welded bits and bobs before the Schultx went on.

He needed to drop the fuel tank a couple of inches so he could get an heat resistant blanket over it.

To cut the panels out and butt weld new ones would probably have been going up to the £200 mark, perhaps?

I have been told that the £100 was cheap, even for how he did it.

One tip though. Cover your side window glass and perhaps the rear door glass as any weld splashes could stick to the glass and when scraped off, leave little burn 'dents' in the glass. :S

hth K :)

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds