BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Tyres ...

More
12 Apr 2011 11:11 - 12 Apr 2011 11:13 #14878 by ooky_123
Tyres ... was created by ooky_123
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationBeing a BIG fan of Diamond Backs, I am thinking of changing over to Special Tracks or similar.
However, Ive just seen a set of 235 75 15 Recip Trial Muds on Ebay.

Anyone have any oppinions on these tyres ? They look as agressive as Special Tracks, but are only 80/20 offroad, where the ST's are 90/10 ...

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland
Last edit: 12 Apr 2011 11:13 by ooky_123.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Reloaded
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Apr 2011 07:29 - 13 Apr 2011 09:09 #14939 by Reloaded
Replied by Reloaded on topic Re: Tyres ...
I've always liked the look of Recip Trials (no idea on performance!) - I'd have bought them for the Monty if I'd have had more cash, at the time I was made an offer on Marix Pumas that I couldn't refuse B)

I was told they're simillar to the Puma / Saraha pattern but more solid 'bars' rather than blocks, if you get my drift, they are meant to be a bit noisier on road because of it.
Last edit: 13 Apr 2011 09:09 by Reloaded. Reason: hat stand

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Apr 2011 08:11 #14941 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic Re: Tyres ...
my jimny had recip trails on when i got it & they was good tyres but ive now got kingpin extreme trekkers same as special tracks & them malatesta kaimans & they are even better for the deep muddy stuff

More
13 Apr 2011 09:02 #14944 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re: Tyres ...
Looks like its back to my origional plan then ... Special Tracks it is then ...

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

More
13 Apr 2011 14:41 #14957 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: Tyres ...
Recip Trials are good but not as aggressive as Special Tracks and I don't think the tread depth is as deep as ST's, which makes a big difference.

I would stil with ST's or something with the same tread pattern - such as the Malatesta Kaimans - but don't forget, with the extra tread they are bigger!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds