BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

ORA lift kit is it a harsh or soft ride

• Little Terror
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2011 19:55 - 27 Mar 2011 20:00 #14156 by Little Terror
ORA lift kit is it a harsh or soft ride was created by Little Terror
What do you think to the ride comfort after fitting one of ORA kits, i would like to know what you all think before i make my mind up.
Last edit: 27 Mar 2011 20:00 by Little Terror.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• viciouspenguin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Mar 2011 06:41 #14160 by viciouspenguin
Replied by viciouspenguin on topic Re: ORA lift kit is it a harsh or soft ride
well its hard to say exactly. I was on SMJ leaf springs with the SJ and they were like solid yet gave good atriculation. going from that to an ORA liftkit is definatley a softer ride. there is a trade-off between comfort, articulation and driveability. I wish my springs were harder as I drove the vehicle to croatia and it felt a bit unstable, but this was also attributed to the recalled rear trailing arms.

I will say that i have had to add spring spacers to the rear springs as they have sagged, and she leans further over on right turns than on left. presumably because the left is softer to compensate for the suzuki lean. but as the lean is caused when the car is driven frequently with only the driver and no passenger i would suggest you ask for strong springs on both sides if you will be having a passenger most of the time like i do.

i estimate i will need to change the springs in about a years time. if Rob is reading this post he may well have an updated spring-set or another solution available..............

• NickG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Mar 2011 14:59 #14183 by NickG
Yep just fitted all my bits over the weekend
and all seems and feels very good
i was wondering though do i leave off the anti roll bar ???
The ride seems a bit softer but as said all seems good (to answer the question)
B) B)

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Mar 2011 15:04 #14184 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: ORA lift kit is it a harsh or soft ride
yes leave the anti roll off, well if you want better flex up front :-)

• viciouspenguin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Mar 2011 17:40 #14193 by viciouspenguin
Replied by viciouspenguin on topic Re: ORA lift kit is it a harsh or soft ride
keep anti-roll bar and turn it into an anti-rambler bar :evil:

More
28 Mar 2011 17:51 - 28 Mar 2011 17:52 #14196 by kirkynut
It's not just down to the springs how it will handle on the road, the shocks will make a difference too as the harder they are the more they will resist the rolling effect, but the harsher the ride too.

Springs and shocks are matched by manufacturers and I would hope that ORA or their supplier has spent a reasonable amount of time and effort deciding on spring and shock rates to compliment each other.

I have the KAP 3" lift springs that my Jimny came with and Pro-comp shocks but I don;t know which shocks they are. The car leans a bit on the bends on the road if I take a bend too quick but I drive it slow and gentle on the road as you have to drive according to the vehicle you are in.

I like my suspension being soft though, as offroad, the wheel tucks up in the arch keeping the body level and lessening my chances of going over.

My shocks seem to cope well as they control the rebound and I don't then bounce all over the shop.

I think the best thing to do would be to drive a Jimny with the kit on as one person's thoughts of what's soft or harsh differs to another's.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 28 Mar 2011 17:52 by kirkynut.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds