BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Who owns this jimny.

• Little Terror
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Mar 2011 14:42 #13957 by Little Terror
Replied by Little Terror on topic Re: Who owns this jimny.
Hey Greg I live in derby same as you have you been to the quarry in baslow,some good hills in there to have a go at,i'm not shaw if it's still open i've not been there for a few years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Mar 2011 16:00 #13961 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic Re: Who owns this jimny.

Little Terror wrote: Hey Greg I live in derby same as you have you been to the quarry in baslow,some good hills in there to have a go at,i'm not shaw if it's still open i've not been there for a few years.

quarry in baslow ????? tell me more thats not far from me

• Little Terror
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Mar 2011 17:46 - 24 Mar 2011 18:04 #13972 by Little Terror
sorry the quarry is at ible near baslow,just type in google maps "ible" and you will see it.
Last edit: 24 Mar 2011 18:04 by Little Terror.

• bertbuckie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Mar 2011 18:10 #13974 by bertbuckie
Replied by bertbuckie on topic Re: Who owns this jimny.
I read the article about your jimny in TOR as well....... 5 times lol
Really nice build, obviously you have too much money tho lol :)
really nice to see a Jimny on the front cover of TOR tho with such a great write up :)

• gazert
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Mar 2011 18:24 #13976 by gazert
Replied by gazert on topic Re: Who owns this jimny.
I think the quarry has been closed!
Locals and the council kicked up a fuss!

I live near Ashbourne so I am up for some laning up in the peaks!
Darth and blue jimny want to go so that's 3.
My mate Kenway will be struggling for a while as his first lil one is due any day!
Anyone up for a laning trip?

• Little Terror
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Mar 2011 18:34 #13977 by Little Terror
once ive built my jimny i will let you know so we can all have a big jimny up,shame about the quarry.

• viciouspenguin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Mar 2011 19:05 #13978 by viciouspenguin
Replied by viciouspenguin on topic Re: Who owns this jimny.
the quarry was never open in the first place, hence why the police were there. please check the areas and lanes on which you drive around in the peak district as it is a hotbed for ramblers and the locals trying to close everthing down.

before you go out check trailwise.org and www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/index/looking-after/vehicles.htm

sorry to be a preacher but it would be a right nightmore if they closed down the peaks to motor vehicles.

anyway the jimny wasnt that too costly, the most expensive parts were the ORA liftkit, and the parts from Zanfi. the rest like the screens were £15, the cameras were £5, the stereo was £150 off ebay and the speakers were about £25 for the pair. aside from that there was the materials bill for the wires and wood. speard that over a year and it was probably £75 a month for the mods. which is more or less what i spent. oh the laptop i got on one of those 'free' laptop deals spread over two years so the monthly cost was little on a £200 netbook. most parts were £50 or less.

the build cost is reduced when you do all the work yourself too, making friends with a master welder is also a plus :) its the finishing touches which make it look more expensive that it is. i'm probably a little obsessive when it comes to building things and i am prepaired to wait for the right price or to find the right part for the job.

anyway enough of my ramblings, i go out to the peaks quite a bit and i can take a few people out if anyone is interested. i'll have to restrict the group to no more than 5 vehicles including myself.

P.S. if anyone wants a big of working doing on their vehicles i am more than happy to loan my skills out. i'll work for beer tokens and bacon sandwiches :whistle:

• bertbuckie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Mar 2011 19:21 #13980 by bertbuckie

viciouspenguin wrote: anyway the jimny wasnt that too costly, the most expensive parts were the ORA liftkit, and the parts from Zanfi.

It was the Zanfi parts I ment lol - lovely stuff they produce tho and true what the magazine said.... you get EVERYTHING you need to do the job with them, no hidden costs :)
Really like the PSP as well..... what you running on it? just custom firmware and a display adaptor program? ( cant remember the name of it but I used it before )

• Little Terror
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Mar 2011 19:27 #13981 by Little Terror
i like how you have equated your percentage spend over a 12 month period it really does make it sound not so bad and at the end of the day if its something you like doing then who cares so long as your having fun and enjoying yourself,and i agree strongly with your green laning statement,and thanks for your offer of any help ive got my lift kit and gear set coming friday,the frying pans on now.
The gold jimny looks familiar did he buy it off someone called Matt.

• viciouspenguin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Mar 2011 19:32 - 24 Mar 2011 19:34 #13982 by viciouspenguin
Replied by viciouspenguin on topic Re: Who owns this jimny.
that is Matt :) hes still got it. hes not been laning much recently i think its because i've not been there with him :lol:

i dont realy go out drinking i dont smoke anymore, when you can go out and spend £30 a night on beer its amazing how much you save. give yourself a six month window mwhere you dont go boozing you'll end up with enough cash to get most things. oh i dont have any kids either lol.

the engineering that goes into the zanfi parts is quite incredible, they are worth every penny of the price.

i'm not doing anything saturday so if you realy need help give me a pm.
Last edit: 24 Mar 2011 19:34 by viciouspenguin.

• gazert
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Mar 2011 19:38 - 24 Mar 2011 19:40 #13984 by gazert
Replied by gazert on topic Re: Who owns this jimny.
We only use legit green lanes etc..
We keep to speed limits as well.
I have only been out as a 3,
I am up for some good lanes with new people. I know that Darth hasn't been out laning yet!

As I am a bobby in the peak district I am more than aware of the tensions in the park!!!
Last edit: 24 Mar 2011 19:40 by gazert.

• bertbuckie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Mar 2011 19:41 #13987 by bertbuckie

viciouspenguin wrote: that is Matt :)
i dont realy go out drinking i dont smoke anymore, when you can go out and spend £30 a night on beer its amazing how much you save. give yourself a six month window mwhere you dont go boozing you'll end up with enough cash to get most things. oh i dont have any kids either lol.

lol, I make my own drink to save money.....but I'm marrried with an almost 2 year old lol
Mind you, just got offered a new job today ( pending disclosure and medical but that should be ok ) so pay rise and a van hopefully...... tho that just means my son will get more spoilt than he already is lol :) - hopefully one day I will be able to train him into getting parts for my car/4x4's for his bdays tho haha

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds