BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Has anyone tried the trailmaster 2"kit

• Little Terror
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2011 14:38 #13798 by Little Terror
Has anyone tried the trailmaster 2"kit was created by Little Terror
If any of you chaps as used the trailmaster 2" lift kit could you let me know if it lived up to your expectation,i just want to make sure I'm choosing the right kit before I buy it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2011 16:32 #13801 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: Has anyone tried the trailmaster 2"kit
dave from bit4vits has it on his Jimny, he was at tong with it and seemed to perform very well for the mods it had :-)

Pm him or await him finding this.

More
22 Mar 2011 17:36 #13806 by X8GGY
Evening ;)

VERY impressed...!

I was with Brett, Gary and Andy who I regularly greenlane with, in Stealth normally... they all have lockers in the back and crawler boxes in the middle, yet my little Jimny - with the 2" TrailMaster lift kit and a set of Maxxis Trepador tyres did very well following them round... they had to drag me over a few obstacles (partly as the tyres are 205/75 normal size, so the diffs did scrape along the centre of the ruts now and again, but it did really well, must admit it suprised me! B)

Flexes very well too...

Blog of the day here - www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/jimny-meet-2011/blog_54.html

And blog of the fitting here - www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/jimny-gets-a-t...r-lift-/blog_58.html

Apologies to Martin, my blogs appear within the webshop frame, this is not intended as advertising here on BigJimny, besides, Martin's prices are cheaper than mine ;) :P

More
22 Mar 2011 17:37 #13807 by X8GGY

biggaz wrote: dave from bit4vits has it on his Jimny, he was at tong with it and seemed to perform very well for the mods it had :-)

Pm him or await him finding this.

That's down to the driver more than anything ;)

:lol:

More
22 Mar 2011 17:50 #13808 by X8GGY
Ah, thinking on... was saying to Martin earlier... the front springs are currently out of stock, and are to be manufactured in "week 14" (must be a European thing! :dry: ) so I figure that makes the first week in April... gives you time to save your pennies though ;)

• Little Terror
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2011 19:11 #13824 by Little Terror
Replied by Little Terror on topic Re: Has anyone tried the trailmaster 2"kit
Hey great blog you done there dave made me envious seeing all them jimnys all tricked up, looks like you were all having a great time in your jimnys,thanks for your view on the trail master kit at the moment any bit of information helps me to decide what to get for my final build,i just keep reading and reading every scrap of information i can get hold of to hopefully prevent me from making big mistakes.Thanks

More
22 Mar 2011 19:16 #13826 by supergaz
All I recommend is don't cut corners and buy the best you can afford, the previous owner of my jimny had a death wish, all unnecessary as the jimny is highly capably standard with good tyres. The higher you want to lift the higher the costs.

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2011 19:35 #13828 by biggaz
Does the "quality" thats supposed to come with the trailmaster show, compared to the likes of the procomp kits?

I know they are supposed to be designed for jimny etc but does the extra money actually show in performance, ride, life expectancy etc etc....

• Little Terror
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2011 20:03 - 22 Mar 2011 20:06 #13837 by Little Terror
No i shall not cut corners ive budgeted £50,000 to make shaw lol,seriously im not in no hurry and ive got a double garage and summers coming so i can just plod and take my time enjoying the project and getting it ready for the winter and at the end of it i hope to have something that is as good as all yours hopefully lol.
Last edit: 22 Mar 2011 20:06 by Little Terror.

• Little Terror
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2011 20:09 #13838 by Little Terror
That is a good question but i suppose your going to have owned both to know the answer,be good if someone did know.

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2011 20:55 #13843 by biggaz
well i have procomp and thinking about changing the shocks for trailmaster but not if they are not quite a bit better.. Thats a lot of money towards a rocklobster :-)

More
22 Mar 2011 21:07 #13848 by X8GGY
That's a hard question to answer as Trail Master is a new brand to the UK... it's highly respected in Europe though, and the original parent company are huge in the US - www.trailmastersuspension.com . The European company is run by the Maas Group in Germany.

The kit I got for the Jimny is excellent, very well packaged for the delivery, clear instructions, and the parts seem very good quality, springs are springs so it's hard to tell from looking at them... but the shock absorbers are top notch, awesome quality.

To make a comparison against a ProComp "kit" is impossible, as ProComp don't sell a kit? They sell shock absorbers, which suppliers team up with springs made for the job. So the shocks are ProComp but the springs aren't...

(Historically, Explorer ProComp was a UK company run by MarchGlen engineering, and they did used to import ProComp shocks and bundle them with springs and brackets to make suspension kits for the Vitara and Jimny, but unfortunately the company folded a few years ago)

The kit certainly seems to flex well though... I selected the "comfort" shocks (rather than the "sport") as my Jimny is also my daily driver, I use the "Stealth" Vitara for offroad mostly...

On the road it's very comfortable, and even with the 2" lift it gives there's no sign of the Jimny "death wobble", there is a little vagueness to the steering though, it does tend to wander slightly at speed.

Trail Master recommend the kit is fitted with the steering stabiliser, which certainly does help with the lift added.

Hope that helps, so in summary, it's early days... the kits seem super quality, the service is amazing, 2 day delivery from Germany generally in my experience.

Dave

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds