BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

*Stalker*

• Emplan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2011 19:55 #12917 by Emplan
*Stalker* was created by Emplan
Hi Guys,

I have been 'stalking' you for quite some time now and i must say for a humble builder (wood butcher:whistle: ) like me this site is very informative, I have practically zero mechanical knowledge:blush: !

I have been looking for a good, clean, low milage, black Jimny for roughly 2-2.5K for quite some time now:( ..............not having much luck to be honest.

My brother has a nice landrover defender and I would love to join him for some green laning/camping with my little boy, I was showing him last night and he thinks it will be a real 'Ray Mears' adventure:woohoo:

Going to do a 3" lift, modulars, probably take the rear seats out and checker plate the rear............just need to find the right little motor!

Currently looking on eBay and Autotrader, any other ideas please guys?

Kind regards

Emplan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• distantcamera
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2011 19:58 #12919 by distantcamera
Replied by distantcamera on topic Re: *Stalker*
Don't be so fussy on the colour. Once its covered in mud it won't matter. Plenty of other coloured Jimnys around that meet the rest of your needs...

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2011 20:04 #12920 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: *Stalker*
I agree, choose any colour it'l grow on you!

I wanted black, red and ended up with burgandy over silver haha.

Welcome to the forum mate, its a great very friendly place.

More
09 Mar 2011 20:15 #12922 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Re: *Stalker*
Try pistonheads.www.pistonheads.com/

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2011 20:31 #12927 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: *Stalker*
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationhow about this?

or this

you can get new manual free wheeling hubs from jimnybits or second hand ones from ebay

• Emplan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2011 20:50 #12930 by Emplan
Replied by Emplan on topic Re: *Stalker*
First off, thanks for your replys guys!

Secondly, going to sound like a right fussy sod, but I was looking for a tin top, was going to black out the rear windows as somedays i'll be using it to put my tools in when i've had enough of the van and need to take it up to London.

Thirdly, why dont my 'smilies' work..........:(

I also thought it would look pretty cool with black modulars;)

There was one on eBay last week, was a 2001, black, tintop, 46,000 miles but he never had the log book, just seemed a bit suss to me.

Regards

Emplan

• bluejimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2011 20:50 #12932 by bluejimny
Replied by bluejimny on topic Re: *Stalker*
yes i think ebay is your best chance, i got my first gold one for £1450, and that was 3 years ago, when prices were around 2k as a min

More
09 Mar 2011 20:58 - 09 Mar 2011 21:00 #12934 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Re: *Stalker*
You need to end your words with a full stop.:( .:angry: .:dry:

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Last edit: 09 Mar 2011 21:00 by dirtydogz.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2011 21:07 #12935 by darthloachie
or leave a space between the words and the smiley :( :) :cheer: :laugh:

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2011 21:15 #12936 by darthloachie
www.uk4by4ltd.co.uk/used-cars/suzuki-jim...bley-201103377899084

this is at Wembley London

do I get a finders fee :laugh:

• Emplan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2011 21:20 #12937 by Emplan
Hehe...........thanks guys :P ;) :cheer: :laugh:

I test drove a little Jimny about 3 weeks ago, i must admit it did make me smile......until an old boy overtook me on his mobility scooter :blink:

Really looking forward to joining in lads, as I said I dont really have any mechanical knowledge, but i'll learn, i've worked in construction for 28 years so i'm reasonably practical minded, plus my brother and you guys will no doubt help me out ;)

I am a bit 'anal' (<
am i allowed to say that?) about the colour so I think i'll wait..........surely cant be that rare!!!!

Cheers

Emplan

• Emplan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2011 21:26 #12940 by Emplan

darthloachie wrote: www.uk4by4ltd.co.uk/used-cars/suzuki-jim...bley-201103377899084

this is at Wembley London

do I get a finders fee :laugh:

No cigar, just yet :P

I viewed that one about 2 weeks ago, wouldn't tick over properly, engine management light (emissions light?) was on, wouldn't take any offers on it and generally looked a bit shabby :(

I suppose when you have little knowledge your afraid of getting had over, thats why i'm going to go for a lower milage one really.

I did see there was mentions of cam chains rather than belts and galvonised chassis, is that correct?

regards

Emplan

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds