BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Going for a drive near London

More
22 Sep 2009 19:24 #1287 by jj
Hi People

First post here.

I bought my girlfiend a 2002 Jimny softtop as she had always wanted a small 4x4 to use.

She works in London every day so it barely gets the use she would like.

I would love to take her out on a Sunday and get a chance for her to try driving it off road - nothing too serious or advanced - just a chance to play around with it and get used to what it can do when away from the Queen's highway.

We're in SW London so somewhere Surrey, Hampshire, Middlesex etc would be ideal.

I'll try and get some pics up - I bought a set of Wolfrace wheels for it before I gave her the car and really transforms the look of it.

Cheers and hope to be a regular user

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2009 10:05 #1291 by mlines
Hi, welcome to BigJimny

I can recommend Thames Valley 4x4s Drivearound at Broxhead Common

THis is a large area that is non-damaging and will let you explore the cars capabilities safely. TV4x4 also have an event nearer in time (11th October) but Broxhead is perhaps better for a first time out.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
23 Sep 2009 13:16 #1293 by jj
Replied by jj on topic Re:Going for a drive near London
That sounds great, thanks for the reply.

Can you just turn up and drive at any time?

More
24 Sep 2009 06:04 - 24 Sep 2009 06:14 #1301 by mlines
The Broxhead event is a "drivearound" so you can just turn up.

The Oxley's Shaw event is a standard "Punch Hunt Challenge" which under MSA rules has to be for members only, however members can join at the event!

Martin

As you can see it is tame enough for me to take my "reserve" off-roader out for a paddle.

http://www.lines-associates.com/tv4x4/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=15752&g2_serialNumber=2

But extreme enough to give the die-hards something to think about

http://www.lines-associates.com/tv4x4/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=16882&g2_serialNumber=2

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 24 Sep 2009 06:14 by mlines.

More
24 Sep 2009 10:57 #1303 by ooky_123
Were going out This evening ( Night Time driving on the Larkhill Artillery Ranges ) and probably the weekend too. (North Tidworth, Larkhill, Imber)

Suitable for most vehicles, although possibility of getting a few scratches. Road tyres will get you 80% of the places we go to ... 20% of the time however you would deen a pull !!

Were in Andover, Hampshire (M3, A303)

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds