BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Has the ebay shop CAM Suzuki gone?

More
22 Sep 2009 18:51 #1285 by kirkynut
It is showing as having no items listed. Does anyone know if they have packed up?

If so it's a shame as they had everything!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2009 19:11 #1286 by mlines
Well it was there at the beginning of the week as I was looking for a rear brake drum. Although I did think it strange that they had none in stock when I emailed them as with the number of cars they had breaking in the pictures I would have thought one would have had a drum
Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
22 Sep 2009 19:28 #1288 by kirkynut
You haven't been tempted by the rear disc conversion yet then Martin? I filled my drums with mud for the first time this weekend and had to take the poxy wheel spacers off to get the drums off and then wash them out, it's a bit of a mission every time you go to an off road site. Fortunately we usually take our SJ to our club site and for some reason that seems to keep the mud out of the drums. Also, it has a transmission handbrake and an X eng at that, so I don't have that issue with the SJ!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
23 Sep 2009 10:02 #1290 by mlines
Yes, I am going for the rear disk conversion. I just decided that I would get it through the MOT as it is first, rather than introducing possible new problems during conversion.

It passed today - so I am moving on to sort the conversion

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
23 Sep 2009 14:25 #1294 by Baz2236
They are still going they had a falling out with a customer who reported them to eBay and got there shop closed down, I just spoke to them and it should be back up and running shortly if you need the number it is 01274834790

Baz

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
23 Sep 2009 15:08 #1295 by funkyjimny
Just a quick tip to those people with rear drums that fill with mud, drill some large holes in the outside of the drum on the face that fits against the back of the wheel, make sure you can see this when the wheel is on, after off roading insert hosepipe ! 2 large holes is best, mark them off with the wheel fitted then take the drums to an engineering shop to drill them out if it makes it easier.

or get a Rob Storr rear disc conversion with a t case brake like mine !

Gary

More
23 Sep 2009 19:03 #1298 by kirkynut
Cheers for that chaps. I know their delivery times were slow and I've not used them often but I've found them to be Ok and they have everything you could need. I hope they're back up and running soon.

As for the rear brakes. It has ben suggested to me to make holes in the rear drums and squirt a hose pipe through but you still have to take the wheel off and my drums have been off so often that getting them off is just a simple pull and off they come, so I might aswell take them off and hose them down properly. Also, I want to keep the adjusters from rusting up as much as possible and so squirt off the water with brake cleaner (WD40 doesn't seem like a good idea) and let them dry before pitting the drum back on.

If money was no object I'd have a rear disc conversion and a rock lobster transfer box with a transmission handbrake ... and a roll cage ... and a winch ... and a rear locker with D+G Tuning/Rob Storr hardened shafts and CV's... ... ...

Kirkynut

More
26 Sep 2009 09:04 #1320 by kirkynut
I had already messaged CAM Suzuki and they have now come back to me saying the same as they told Baz2236. They are still operating under their sister company, see:

www.thorntonbreakers.co.uk/index.html

Cheers

Kirkynut

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
More
25 Dec 2009 11:31 #1693 by kirkynut
They are back on ebay!!!

Kirkynut

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds