BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Tires

• Ausjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2011 08:09 #11214 by Ausjimny
Tires was created by Ausjimny
Hey guys
you have probably had this question a thousand times, but i have just had a 2 inch spring lift put in the jimny ( It raised it a bit more than that though because i got heavy duty coils and the old suspension had sagged with age) and i was first of all wondering if 235/75/15 ' s were possible to fit without cutting, or if 215/75/15 were the bigest i could get. Also does the engine struggle a bit with the bigger tyres?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2011 09:18 - 09 Feb 2011 09:18 #11215 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: Tires
Yes engine will struggle, quite a bit with the 235's and a little bit with 215's.

Id say without cutting, the 215's will be perfecty fine but 235's normally need some trimming of bumper egde and arch's.

Mine is on 215/75 bfg mud.
Last edit: 09 Feb 2011 09:18 by biggaz.

• a18suf
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2011 09:46 #11217 by a18suf
Replied by a18suf on topic Re: Tires
ive got a 2" lift and have 225/75/16 the arches did need cutting and it does struggle gaining speed.

• Monkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2011 09:47 - 09 Feb 2011 12:12 #11218 by Monkey
Replied by Monkey on topic Re: Tires
I'm running 235's mt's on my jimny, yes there will be a power loss but nothing prober gearing won't fix.

You can get 235's under a jimny with a 2" lift providing you don't have to much off-set on your rims and you will need to trim up the front bumper.
Last edit: 09 Feb 2011 12:12 by Monkey.

• Ausjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2011 12:24 #11237 by Ausjimny
Replied by Ausjimny on topic Re: Tires
cheers guys looks like ill have to go with the 215's, just because i dont trust my self to cut haha

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2011 18:38 #11253 by Gromit
Replied by Gromit on topic Re: Tires
I have a 3" lift on mine but I still had to cut the arches to get the 235/75's on. I find that the higher gearing is only really noticeable against a head wind on the motorway.

More
09 Feb 2011 19:36 #11261 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: Tires
How about 215/80/15's rather than 215/75/15's? Choice of tread pattern is a bit limited but the size is good!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
09 Feb 2011 23:37 #11291 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re: Tires
my 215x80x15 Diamond Backs are just over 29" tall ...

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

• Ausjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2011 06:36 #11292 by Ausjimny
Nice i hadnt heard of 215/80/15's only the other two

• Ausjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2011 06:40 #11293 by Ausjimny
Also i was changing my spark plugs the othr dau and they were all fine apart from the last one . The firing end of it was covered in oil and when i start the car white smoke shoots out of the exhaust, i was wondering if any of you guys have had this happen to you and if you know how to fix it?

More
10 Feb 2011 09:52 #11303 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re: Tires
Was it the rear one (Number 4)?

I believe that this end of the engine suffers most from oil feed problems and headgasket problems. Does the smoke clear, is the engine using oil and water?

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Monkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2011 10:09 #11305 by Monkey
Replied by Monkey on topic Re: Tires

Gromit wrote: I have a 3" lift on mine but I still had to cut the arches to get the 235/75's on. I find that the higher gearing is only really noticeable against a head wind on the motorway.

Really??

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds