BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

If only Martin could stock these!! Trim Clips.

More
06 Feb 2011 21:11 - 06 Feb 2011 21:20 #11133 by supergaz
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration
Just a suggestion Martin, im sure we all need these! I want them yesterday as usual, so I will pop into a dealership Monday, as I cannot wait 6-10 working days. :-(
Last edit: 06 Feb 2011 21:20 by mlines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2011 21:19 #11134 by mlines
I would if I knew where to get them.

You wait until you see the Suzuki price for them!!

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
06 Feb 2011 21:44 #11135 by supergaz
Probably an arm and a leg!

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Feb 2011 22:02 #11137 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: If only Martin could stock these!! Trim Clips.
self tappers! :pinch:

More
07 Feb 2011 01:19 #11143 by kirkynut
I wish Martin could supply every part needed to build a Jimny from scratch!

Come on Martin, pull your socks up, when are you gonna supply a knocked down kit?

Sorry, I gest.

Little bits like this can be a bugger to get. Have you tried Eurocarparts? They sell things like this. Much cheaper than a dealer.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• a18suf
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Feb 2011 06:31 #11146 by a18suf
i needed some and i went to the dealer and paid £16 for 8 :sick: i nearly fell over .

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Feb 2011 07:30 #11147 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: If only Martin could stock these!! Trim Clips.

a18suf wrote: i needed some and i went to the dealer and paid £16 for 8 :sick: i nearly fell over .

Thats cheaper than I'd have thought - they want £18 for a touch up stick

More
07 Feb 2011 09:52 - 07 Feb 2011 09:54 #11149 by mlines
Found them! - looks like I could do them for about 25 to 30p each with a small profit on each for me. As I have to buy them in large quantities is there real interest for these?

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 07 Feb 2011 09:54 by mlines.

More
07 Feb 2011 10:59 #11150 by kirkynut
I think they are something that i would probably end up needing at some point but could not commit to buying any right now - it would be handy if you had a stock we could all access at any time but I appreciate you are putting your hand in your pocket to stock something for the rest of us that you may never sell all of - thus potentially investing dead money.

I suspect that alot of people are in the same position as I am. I've not needed any thus far but you never know! I'm not going to purchase some on that basis - so I could understand it if you chose not to stock them for the same reason.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
07 Feb 2011 21:30 #11173 by supergaz
I couldn't agree more with Kirkynut, I've had to order some as I'm having to get my jimny back together much sooner than I planned (just for the meet!) bit cheaper than the link above listed as Toyota clips. I decided not to waste time with going to a dealer.

Martin stocks some great products on this site, and we know when we order from Martin then we know things will appear superfast on out doorstep. If only all sellers were this reliable!

I just hope all my efforts in getting my jimny ready doesn't end with using the AA membership card,(The most important piece of recovery equipment to keep in your car!). I hope things go well when I test drive the jimny on Saturday 21st.

More
08 Feb 2011 06:00 #11176 by kirkynut
I wouldn't rely on the AA too much if you have a modified truck and have used it off road recently. They argued about taking us home from Slindon when the Panard Rod bolt fell out due to it being a modified off roader! I got us on the back of the truck by using persuasion and constructive argument.

I've now got the Jimny covered by my off road insurance company who will recover it from anywhere you can get a low loader to.

The AA made it clear they would not recover it again!

Kirkynut

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds