BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New member, saying "Hi!"

• X8GGY
  • X8GGY's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
29 Jan 2011 19:22 #10568 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Re: New member, saying "Hi!"

zukhunter wrote: hi dave welcome, you know you want to mod it stop teasing us lol

Hi ZukHunter...

Yes, I'd love to mod' it... maybe when I've finished paying for it? ;)

:unsure: :ohmy:

LOL

Dave ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2011 22:04 #10573 by supergaz
Hi Dave, glad to see you on BigJimny, Very happy :) with my recent order of anti-roll bar bushes for my Grand Vitara, (still not fitted, too cold!) What happened with your Grand Vitara which I remember went under extensive cutting? Not that I plan the same with my 5 door, but I found your build of much interest.

• X8GGY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
30 Jan 2011 07:53 #10580 by X8GGY
Hi Gary...

Long story, but here's a summary...

I spent a good year or so, with it SORN'ed, whilst I bobbed, cabbed and lifted it... MOT'ed it, insured it, drove it around a bit, and then applied to put the "H19HGV" plate on it, and at that point the DVLA summonsed me for a VIC (Vehicle Identity Check), inspector walked out, "You've shortened that?", and an SVA was required...

Then VOSA got involved, a bit of wrangling ensued, and I never got anywhere... so sold it on as offroad use only...

Last time I cut a chassis!! LOL :laugh:

Dave :angry:

• X8GGY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
30 Jan 2011 07:58 #10581 by X8GGY
For those that haven't seen "Stumpy" -

More
30 Jan 2011 08:39 #10584 by supergaz
Hi so sorry to hear that happened. The Grand looked excellent, you spent a lot of time effort and money on that project. I do a'lot of work at VOSA testing stations as I work on commercial brake testers, and I can tell you that not 1 vosa man knows how to perform correctly a brake test with a commercial vehicle, the rules that vosa HQ make up in Bristol are full of shite! Rules are very different in different countries within the EU. The lot of them are complete Ar53H0135. Maybe a warning to all before bobing a 4x4 or building a spaceframe, or even cutting their chassis to fit a bumper as I have.

• X8GGY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
13 Feb 2011 18:28 #11489 by X8GGY
... with the 2001 Jimny Meet looming, I decided - snap decision whilst eating a bag of chips whilst the fella in Halfords was making my plates - to fit a 2" Trail Master lift kit...

Partly for THE Jimny Meet, and partly as advertising, to show the kit to the UK Jimny market at the meet...

And we'll see how it performs in the mud at Tong? ;)

www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/jimny-gets-a-t...r-lift-/blog_58.html

Dave, Bits4Vits

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Feb 2011 19:07 #11492 by Gromit
Replied by Gromit on topic Re: New member, saying "Hi!"
Ha Ha, I knew that you wouldn't be able to resist modding the Jimny for long, looking forward to saying hi to you as I"ve had quite a few bits & pieces off you in the past for my previous Vit and present Jimny.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds