BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Modified JB74

More
26 Mar 2023 15:20 - 26 Mar 2023 15:25 #248245 by davidandped
Replied by davidandped on topic Modified JB74
New front bumper arrived from Japan, couldn’t believe how quickly it came, took about a week from being dispatched to arriving.

Fitting was a bit of a nightmare, the standard bumper came off easy enough but trying to follow the Japanese instructions using Google Translate was tricky, as was cutting the inner arches which if I’m honest I’ve made a bit of a mess of.

The bumper itself is a fibreglass one from Showa garage, fitment is good and I had no issues other than the fog lights (or are they DRL’s?) didn’t fit in the opening due to the cut out for the connector wire was in the wrong place. This required me to cut and another notch in the bumper so the lights could sit flush.
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Mar 2023 15:25 by davidandped.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2023 08:16 #248276 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Modified JB74
There are two bulbs in each lamp, one is the DRL and the other is fog. Martin does LED replacements that are a lot better.

Roger

ps Your a braver man than me Gunga Din to work next to a main road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davidandped

More
29 Mar 2023 17:55 #248308 by davidandped
Thanks I’ll take a look at those, yeah it was grim working on the main road, got beeped a few times when I was working near the road side. 

More
29 Mar 2023 18:00 - 29 Mar 2023 18:01 #248309 by davidandped

So I took a day off work today to do a few more jobs on the Jimny, this time I tackled the seat covers from Showa Garage, these are “fake” leather but do look pretty good I think. Fitting was easy enough, this time I did them round the back of my house to avoid working on the main road. 

I also got the arm rest from Showa garage, while you loose your two rear cup holders I didn’t fancy fitting the alternative ones available that have you cut your seat fabric so this was a good alternative for me 

Almost forgot apparently the covers are designed to still work with the factory side air bags which is good 

Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Mar 2023 18:01 by davidandped.

More
07 Apr 2023 10:46 - 07 Apr 2023 10:46 #248421 by davidandped
Since fitting the bigger wheels and tyres I’ve noticed my car is just that bit more sluggish and less peppy than it was with the standard wheels and tyres on. To address this I thought I’d give an aftermarket intake a try. The choice is pretty limited from what I could find, Greddy do an open intake, then there’s the Forge Motorsport one and finally I came across one by GruppeM.

The GruppeM looked amazing, fully carbon with a huge intake chamber so I ordered one from Japan.

Fitting was straight forward enough, just remove the old intake box and hose and bolt the new intake one.

I’ve only been for a short test drive to test that nothing rattled and man alive was I impressed, now it could just be that it sounds fast but it really did seem to pull better and the sound, wow! 

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Apr 2023 10:46 by davidandped.

More
07 Apr 2023 10:49 #248422 by davidandped
Not to everyone’s taste but I’ve also fitted my monster sport gear knob - which has to be the most difficult job I’ve attempted on the Jimny so far! Took two of
us to get the old one off! 

As the products I’ve bought so far all contained stickers I thought I’d put them the back window 
Attachments:

More
22 Apr 2023 14:30 #248760 by davidandped
        Finally got round to fitting the Showa Garage rear wing, really easy to install - was just a matter of sticking on some double sided pads and then securing it in place with some small metal brackets which clamp it to the rear door. 

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds