BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

My Jimny so far, from Rust heap to less rusty heap...

• Probablynotfrank
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jul 2020 19:57 #225404 by Probablynotfrank
I'm not sure if it's of any interest to anyone but I've got a collection of photos from all the things I've done to my Jimny (a lot of welding), thought I might as well share. Purchase of what I thought was a "clean" jimny End goal of fitting 31s Fitting the Winch A previous "Repair" Down the rusty rabbit hole that started on the slam panel and ended with welding all the body mounts, boot floor, drivers footwell, inner sills and chassis ends... All welding done for the MOT Clutch change ended up being a engine swap with a M15a from an Ignis sport I had kicking about :blink:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
21 Jul 2020 04:58 #225410 by Lambert
You have been busy. Worth it though to have another saved from the shredder.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
22 Jul 2020 01:56 #225446 by Rabid Rhino
What winch ? Looks like a Rhino.... The obvious choice. Review/opinion ?

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.

More
22 Jul 2020 07:32 #225449 by Reason2doubt
Having flashbacks from when I did mine...only I couldn't do the work and had to hand it over to a professional for the big stuff!

Nice work

• Probablynotfrank
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jul 2020 12:23 #225460 by Probablynotfrank
Replied by Probablynotfrank on topic My Jimny so far, from Rust heap to less rusty heap...

Rabid Rhino wrote: What winch ? Looks like a Rhino.... The obvious choice. Review/opinion ?

It's a WinchMax 13500, it's a bit slow tbh and I really should replace the steel cable with rope. It's not let me down yet and it's used at least once an outing.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds