BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

jimny pickup finaly getting finished

• Multi Hammer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2020 12:33 #221692 by Multi Hammer
Replied by Multi Hammer on topic jimny pickup finaly getting finished
Dr & Reece, they look fabulous together exceptional work well done

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2020 13:38 #221694 by Fossie
What a cracking job! Enjoyed the thread Unsure of colour at first but yep looks like it's "belongs" . ( I know what I mean!)
Have you got a buyer for it yet?

More
30 Apr 2020 14:05 #221695 by furo
They both look fantastic. How does the longer wheelbase version handle? I imagine it is very nice to drive, does it feel more solid on the road?

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)

More
30 Apr 2020 14:16 #221696 by Jimny Dr
hi fossie and furo
yes very pleased with the outcome. not got a buyer as yet but to be fair its only been seen on here and not advertised as yet.
just took full payment for the long wheel base one today, of a new owner who's been hanging his nose over it for a while now and that's going next wk.
regards the chassis extension furo I built that one for myself 3 yrs ago and wanted a slightly larger load bed, so the ride was not that important at the time, but by god it made a world of difference to the vehicle, its more stable on the road don't jump and skip as much as they do and sweet to drive its more like a daily car.
I would recommend the chassis conversion for both drive and larger bed, but I'm sure that sniper will pick up on this comment and give you his input as he's drove it as well.
once again
thanks guys
the doc
The following user(s) said Thank You: furo

More
01 May 2020 10:23 #221730 by sniper
The extended chassis does make the Jimny drive differently. Far less prone to bump and generally more stable. I have only had a short drive and I think I would go for it if I wanted a pickup. The proportions look better to my eye, having the axle centred under the bed rather than the bed overhanging.

You could tell that it had new running gear too, a very tight and solid feel.

Whoever's bought it will be happy with it, lucky so n so....

sniper

• Paulei
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 May 2020 12:11 #221733 by Paulei
Replied by Paulei on topic jimny pickup finaly getting finished

Jimny Dr wrote: Here you go guys I have waited a long time to take these pictures and it’s a proud moment for me and Reece today
As the build thread says ( jimny pickup finally getting finished ) and now jimny pickup is FINALLY finished
Have a look guys and thanks for all the comments that’s been made as we have posted
Watch out for next project coming soon.

Take care guys
The doc

Really nice job DR!

Locking at the plate numbers it have been nice if there was opposite. I mean the one witch finish with “S” was fine on the short version and the one witch finish by “L” was perfect on the long one.

:laugh: :laugh:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 May 2020 13:29 #221736 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic jimny pickup finaly getting finished
Looking really great, black suzuki lettering on the back of that ;)

It's an amazing job well done both of you :)

More
01 May 2020 13:33 #221737 by Bill Portland
they both look really good, and i love the colour too

More
01 May 2020 17:03 #221746 by Jimny Dr
hi guys thanks for the messages
just fitted a ifor Williams canopy to the shorty
and the new owner wants the canopy painting green on the long one,so there's some more photos to load later
paulie to be honest we have not noticed that but yes reecy short and reecy long fantastic observation
many thanks guys
stay safe
the doc

More
05 May 2020 15:56 #221916 by Jimny Dr
hi Guys
Hope your all safe and well
Colour debate for you all
Got one of the pickups going this week and the new owner wanted the truck top painting, I was unsure but did what he wanted.
It’s grown on me and I’m quite fond of the full colour look.
What’s your thoughts guys ? I have the new build for sale and not sure if it will enhance the look,once they painted the only way back is paint silver again.
Many thanks
the doc
Attachments:

More
05 May 2020 16:28 #221917 by jackonlyjack

More
05 May 2020 22:14 #221924 by Fossie
For me the unpainted is better. A simple tarp with tie loops on the sides would also be pretty cool.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds