BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

jimny pickup finaly getting finished

More
11 Apr 2020 15:03 - 11 Apr 2020 15:04 #220953 by jackonlyjack
Nice job Doc
Like Lambert not a fan of this colour
British Racing Green for me ;)
Last edit: 11 Apr 2020 15:04 by jackonlyjack.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2020 15:57 #220957 by Jimny Dr
hi guys
thanks for your comments, I under stand the colour is a personal choice and green is not a popular colour as well, its not very often I do any green cars. but having said that I was hoping to attract the farmers/ gamekeepers and country sett with these little trucks.
will have to see what the future brings when its for sale.
I will keep posting post, as we are trying to get all the body parts painted today so in and out the paint booth like a mad man at the moment
the doc

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Apr 2020 16:48 #220958 by Lambert
Speaking as a farmer the colour is irrelevant compared with the value for money and quality of build which obviously is top notch. The hunting and shooting set round here are very big on image and they will queue up for the right colour, they also seem to like showing off their wealth too.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
11 Apr 2020 17:49 #220964 by Jimny Dr
Well that’s a full repaint done in a day apart from outside of the doos and bonnet
We ain’t found a way to do both sides at once as yet, so that can be tomorrow’s job
Off home now for some well earned cans
All the best guys have a good night
The doc

More
11 Apr 2020 17:53 #220966 by Jimny Dr
Attachments:

More
11 Apr 2020 18:28 #220967 by Soeley
I actually quite like the colour, it looks similar to the Jungle Green they di on the Gen4, having said that if they were side by side I bet they are miles apart in shade. Looks a top job.

More
12 Apr 2020 06:13 #220975 by me101
I would love to have this kind of thing done if I had the cash. Not bothered about the pick up, but to know the whole car has been sorted to this kind of level. Looks superb.

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w

More
12 Apr 2020 07:54 #220977 by sniper
I'm so happy to have just the underside done, I know now that the money I keep putting in to the car is not going to be wasted.

Most of us on the forum will have spent money resolving the issue's that a Jimny suffers with some age. Bearings, bushes, springs, shocks, all seem to want doing at 50k+. If like me, you replaced those worn parts with uprated components, the money you have in the car creeps up & up.

I didn't mind too much, my enjoyment of the car crept up in the same way, I still had a smile on my face. My 3k car stood me to nearly 6k and was worth only 3k in good condition. To find that you've inadvertently spent that money on a bad shell, one you believed to be sound, is a blow....

Investing further in a restoration, was the only real way out but that has its traps..... Not with these guys, they actually deliver what they say they will and more. At budget, on time.

Speak to them about a similar restoration on your car me101, you might be surprised.......

sniper

More
12 Apr 2020 08:22 #220978 by me101
Once the house gets finished, I may have a chat with them. Car currently on stands, so thought I'd get some underseal in the arches. While under there, I have now made some holes that need welding! Will see how it all ends up, but I've made a note of who did your work, looks excellent!

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w

• Multi Hammer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Apr 2020 12:23 #220986 by Multi Hammer
Replied by Multi Hammer on topic jimny pickup finaly getting finished
Excellent work Jimny Dr & Reece, !!!

More
12 Apr 2020 12:56 #220987 by Jimny Dr
Hi guys
Just done the last three panels
All body parts now done and looking forward to the assembly.
Waiting for Reece now with the chassis, but it might be a while as he’s sat at home eating his way through half a ton of chocolate
Have a safe day guys
The doc
Attachments:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Apr 2020 18:03 #221007 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic jimny pickup finaly getting finished
Looks great, when I win the lottery I'm booking the jimny in ;) ;)

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds