BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

jimny pickup finaly getting finished

More
04 Apr 2020 18:23 #220695 by Jimny Dr
hi guys
please let me introduce myself as i am new to this forum. you will find me under JIMNY DR.
I have been in the motor trade (vehilce bodyshop) for many years and worked on many types of vehicles.
my son REECE also works with me too, and this is where my Suzuki jimny journey started, he came home one day showed me a picture of a jimny pick up and said dad we should have a go at one . so here we are please look at my first attempt in my profile picture.
some of your guys will have seen some of our work carried out in the TREAD LIGHTLY build thread to which now has left our shop for a small break until snipers cage is delivered.
so here we go, we sett to 2 years ago to build a second pickup truck but as always we have a full diary and due to customers demands we had to dark hole it and basically never picked up the pace since. but know due to the horrid situation we all find ourselves in, its gave me a opportunity to self isolate behind locked gates and work in peace in my workshop , so I will be posting some pictures of the progress and hope you all enjoy some updates as me and reece progress, thanks for spending time reading this and look forward to some of your comments you may have
the doc
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, jackonlyjack, furo, jago, DAGZOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2020 18:48 - 04 Apr 2020 19:51 #220697 by Jimny Dr
As you can see in all locked away

Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Apr 2020 19:51 by mlines.

More
04 Apr 2020 18:51 - 04 Apr 2020 19:51 #220698 by Jimny Dr
Today’s progress full strip and remove the body shell

Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Apr 2020 19:51 by mlines.

More
04 Apr 2020 19:03 #220700 by DAGZOOK
You guys are seriously making me want to buy a Gen. 3 and ship it up to you for RWK. I've even seen some photo's online of Gen.4's that have been chopped :woohoo: :woohoo:

I much prefer the work you guys have done - marrying the rear end with the cab. It looks like it left the factory that way, opposed to the ugly plastic joining trim used by other companies. I'm not sure whether this is a kit of some sort (fitted by Shropshire quads)?

Attachments:

More
04 Apr 2020 19:05 #220701 by Soeley
I have been enjoying watching Snipers thread, the speed that it has come along is amazing. Keep up the good work.

More
04 Apr 2020 20:08 #220705 by Jimny Dr
Bodyshell resting on the hospital bed ready for full overhaul of underneath

More
05 Apr 2020 04:44 #220708 by sniper
Jimny Doctor..... "resting on the hospital bed" Love it....

Cracking work again, it's amazing how much rust is on these shells, they look to be in such good condition. Another one being saved Dr...

sniper

More
05 Apr 2020 11:55 #220713 by Jimny Dr
A Productive mornings work on one half of the cab underfloor area, hoping to get the other side done then the whole underside covered in raptor
Attachments:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Apr 2020 11:57 #220714 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic jimny pickup finaly getting finished
Does the rust need treating or does the raptor do it all at the same time?

More
05 Apr 2020 12:00 #220715 by Jimny Dr

Daniel30 wrote: Does the rust need treating or does the raptor do it all at the same time?

there you go all bare metal now covered with etch primer
Then the raptor is applied last
The doc
Attachments:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Apr 2020 14:07 #220718 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic jimny pickup finaly getting finished
Brilliant work thank you :)

More
05 Apr 2020 15:52 #220728 by Jimny Dr
all floor pan and under sills now completed ,2 generous coats of etch primer and going to raptor next
The doc à
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds