BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Ulysses

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Mar 2020 20:53 #219662 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Ulysses
Ooh shiny! Shiny and red, good combination. Are you trimming the bit below your clamp rails?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2020 12:38 #219679 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Ulysses
Bad news about the ITB's, I feel like chasing them up.... I am dying to see what you get out of it once mapped.

You ought to run a book on it Riccy, Ten quid on 155bhp :evil: :whistle: :whistle:

sniper

• Riccy
  • Riccy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
10 Mar 2020 17:47 #219686 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Ulysses
Bad news about the ITB's, I feel like chasing them up.... I am dying to see what you get out of it once mapped.

You ought to run a book on it Riccy, Ten quid on 155bhp :evil: :whistle: :whistle:

sniper

I'm looking forwards to that bit as well :-) I have sent DanST an email to see if that results in anything. Its April somewhere I am hoping to be doing that job, depends on space/time at JDM Dyno to get it squeezed in.

Ooh shiny! Shiny and red, good combination. Are you trimming the bit below your clamp rails?

Maybe, the bit at the bottom does help with water ingress surprisingly well, even if it does flap about a bit

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
13 Mar 2020 18:11 #219828 by Riccy
Yay! :woohoo: :silly: :lol:

DanST have come up with the goods. Turned up today just as I was getting home. A fair few bits to it. The throttle bodies and trumpets above, manifold and airbox too. Lots of little bits to make it all go together as well. Looks pretty well made too.

Massive airbox. It has this small filter to go on the end of the flexi pipe. I will be converting it to a snorkel but its handy to have to get it going.

Need to go and visit JDM Dyno tomorrow and see what he makes of it all and get it booked in :-)

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

Attachments:

More
13 Mar 2020 18:50 #219830 by jackonlyjack

More
13 Mar 2020 20:39 #219837 by sniper
Looks good, take a few days off work and get it sorted..... you don't need holidays....

sniper

• Lambert
    Registered
More
14 Mar 2020 07:08 #219850 by Lambert
That is going to wail! Really looking forward to hearing it have some work to do, it will sound mean! BRAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!

• Lambert
    Registered
More
14 Mar 2020 09:25 #219854 by Lambert
Oh and before I forget, it has to have a open extractors exiting behind the front wheel popping flames! :laugh:

More
14 Mar 2020 12:03 #219857 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic Ulysses
Nice!

Looking forward to hearing it :D

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
14 Mar 2020 16:48 #219861 by Riccy
Loosely bolted it all together this morning and put it onto an old engine in the garage to get some measurements. Looks like its going to be a good fit except the airbox exits at a bit of a bad angle unfortunatley. I think its the only one pipercross make, so its either to adapt or replace with something custom. It will work for the dyno side of things at least.

Then JDM dyno replied saying he was in today so popped round to see Johnny and show him this kit. All seems pretty straigtforward. Bit of a chinwag about whats to do and what else is needed and booked in for the 20th April. Probably 2-3 days to fit and a full tune on the rolling road. He is going to check ECU prices and give me a call next week about ordering that too.

So from that I need to get: Some of the vac line pipe for the fuel line return and probably some for the rest of it. Some T pieces to use vac points on the new throttle bodies for the fuel vac setup. basically pipe and pipe fittings.
set of road tyres. This is because my 31" Toyo's are too knobbly and will get hot with the rolling road apparently. Normal road tyres but ideally in the same 31" size are needed for the rear. That means either buying some or being lucky enough to find someone with some i could borrow for the tuning...?

Attachments:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
25 Mar 2020 17:26 #220259 by Riccy
Despite supposedly the country being shut down for Covid19 I am still able to get these babies courierd easy enough...

Toyo OpenCountry ATs in 31x10.5r15 size on 15x8 modulars with 0 offset.

These are to match the rolling radius and drag of the Toyo MT's I normally run for the dyno tuning (pretty sure thats still on). The MT's would wearout or heatup fast with a 5hr spell on the dyno apparently. These are semi-sacrifcial for that purpose, but will also be re-used for an upcoming trailer build I've been plotting, hence why the same rims & tyre size as the car (and a trailer doesnt need MT tyres).

Attachments:

More
25 Mar 2020 19:50 #220266 by sniper
Not an essential journey really, coming up to watch your dyno run..... bummer.

sniper

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds