BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Dec 2015 22:41 #158207 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

S200KYS wrote:

suzukisam wrote: Looks better now dave will definitely look better with black bumpers looks like mine now. I've got some zuki Andy arches in garage think you have inspired me to fit this weekend
What's next 1.6 ??

Nah, no engine upgrade for me, rather do it with the gearing, hence the new transfer box on the way... ;)

gaz3359 wrote: Looks so much better without the silver I often keep thinking about changing the silver but then think whats the point with it been a laner.defender arches look great,be good to hear feedback on tyres as I like those.

Hmmm, yes, but I quite liked the silver, but couldn't continue it when the black Defender arches went on... kinda think a black lower half would look good now though?... we'll see... but as you say, it's a 'laner and will inevitably get (more) scratches... ;)

I originally had smaller Maxxis Trepadors on this Jimny, they were sold to Martin for his son's Jim'... very nice on the road, we'll see how the big ones perform offroad... interesting to note that Rob Butler from the ORA is running hooge ones on his race buggy these days?...

yeah Maxxis Trepadors are the big thing on tyres for Ultra 4 racing these days. Almost all race trucks have them fitted. And also a lot of challenge trucks use them. But the comp spec bias type hardly compare to the radial type trepadors. Just look at the sidewall.. way more aggresive on the bias Treps. And they also come in sticky compound. And now available in 42" B)
The topic has been locked.
More
11 Dec 2015 12:38 #158303 by X8GGY
Ooooohhh... look what arrived this morning -

Custom 316 stainless steel panhards from Redacted ... the front one is kinked to fit around my Zanfi Dropped Pitman Arm "problem" * where it fouls on the existing panhard after it was also dropped using a Zanfi panhard relocation bracket *...

*they normally fit left hand drive vehicles to be fair, they are now working on right hand versions ;)

B)
Attachments:
  • Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Dec 2015 12:41 #158304 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...
Very nice Dave and is that some new bump stops I see there too? ;)
More
11 Dec 2015 14:13 #158305 by X8GGY
Yes, well spotted, they're the "samples"... i.e. they'll be fitted to mine to "test" them...

Must be some perks to running B4V? ;)
More
11 Dec 2015 15:04 #158307 by X8GGY
Sneaked out for a quick look -

Perfect! Kinks down enough to pass the drop pitman arm when it's refitted, and out a touch to squeeze nicely past the diff pan...

ROCKWATT quality once again...!

In two minds whether to get the rods powdercoated as they are stainless steel, almost a shame to cover them? ;)
More
11 Dec 2015 15:06 - 11 Dec 2015 16:24 #158308 by X8GGY
Whoops, looks like my arm slipped a bit when taking the photo, the mount is sitting low on the left, but you get the idea, you can see where the mounting hole is at the bottom of the red Zanfi panhard drop bracket... then the panhard will sit almost parallel with the axle, and the pitman / steering rod just above it (once the dropped pitman arm goes back on)... B)

Looks like I'll have to drop the steering damper bracket a bit to suit too...

I noticed the other day that Zanfi fit theirs to the back steering bar -

And into the radius arm...

Think I'd rip that off on a rock pretty quickly though? :woohoo: :whistle:
Last edit: 11 Dec 2015 16:24 by X8GGY.
  • darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Dec 2015 20:03 #158365 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

S200KYS wrote:
Hmmm, yes, but I quite liked the silver, but couldn't continue it when the black Defender arches went on... kinda think a black lower half would look good now though?... we'll see... but as you say, it's a 'laner and will inevitably get (more) scratches

Here's a pic of ours when it was black round the bottom

Or just go blue camo :evil:
Attachments:
  • OllieNZ
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Dec 2015 10:35 #158403 by OllieNZ
Replied by OllieNZ on topic Re:Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...
Have you got a link for the arches?
More
14 Dec 2015 09:52 #158480 by X8GGY
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationLoads on eBay -

I bought these -

... as they are nice flexible HDPE like they make snorkels out of, so they'll take some abuse...

Fairly easy to fit, I cut mine with a slitting disk in an angle grinder, and heated them with a hot air gun to flex them into shape to match the Jimny bodywork a bit. The front ones are attached with stainless bolts, washers and nyloc nuts, and the back are stainless washers and self tapping screws (as you can't get behind... easily... to fit nuts on the back).

Hope that helps...
Dave
More
14 Dec 2015 09:59 #158481 by mlines
Very nice, particularly the tyres and wheels.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
More
14 Dec 2015 10:15 #158482 by X8GGY
Thanks!

They worked well too, although I think I do need some front mud flaps fabbing up like Brett (Maverick) has -

More
14 Dec 2015 17:03 #158497 by X8GGY
Impressed with the front light bar too... Never used it in the wild yet as we don't generally 'lane in the dark...

Time to create page: 0.302 seconds