BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

More
03 Nov 2019 17:47 - 03 Nov 2019 17:49 #215324 by X8GGY
A few little jobs to do today...

Due to a little welding accident (!) and the fact the rear breather elbow had snapped off as well...

I'd ordered a few elbows for spares as well earlier in the week... on the right of the photo you can see an elbows the same as the one that snapped, and the rest are more substantial and a mix of fittings for both 6mm and 8mm tubes...

Add some replacement nylon tube, cutters and sealant and ty-wraps...

On the left.. the replacement tube to the rear breather elbow (the welding accident melted the original tube!), so you can just about make out the two 6mm OD 4mm ID tube (original and extension) with a 6mm ID 8 mm OD sleeve to connect them together, and on the right... a new tube I'd connected to the compressor and fed round the fuel tank...

Snapped elbow, new elbow and spanners...

New elbow with added extension tube from the sleeved join now in place... sorted!

Hmmm, but I can't remember how the ARB compressor tube connects to the diff?! It was over five years ago!!! :lol:

A quick google...

Ah, ok...

Disassembled, and new tube ready with the spring and nut over the new tube...

All in place and ty-wrapped neatly..

Tested, and the compressor now stops! Before it just ran and ran as the original supply tube had melted in the welding accident ;)

Sorted!

Next...

After loosing the snorkel head on the last 'lane of the day on the Lake District day trip...

The guard from the snorkel tube body up to the guard loop off the tree roof bars was replaced and riveted to the snorkel body..

Then..

A wash and a polish! B) Who's a pretty boy then!

And then the daily-driver had a bath too... ;)

A few jobs around the house to keep the wife happy... and also cleaned the Queen's Mokka amd the Princess' KA too, and washed the drive down... = BROWNIE POINTS hey guys?!

So... S200KYS is ready for next weekend's greenlaning on the 10th of November, and enough brownie points amassed to get back to building the 'boogie' as it has affectionately been named...

Dave B)

Heading for a shower and a beer....
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Nov 2019 17:49 by X8GGY.
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Nov 2019 17:52 #215364 by X8GGY
I forgot to mention yesterday...

I regret to inform you all of the sad passing of Mr. Angry III, my faithful angle grinder...

He had a long useful life :(

Ah well, pick up his replacement, Mr. Angry IV, another Makita tomorrow... B)

Dave ;)
  • Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Nov 2019 05:22 #215377 by Lambert
Sad news indeed. I trust you are holding a full state funeral with opportunity for the great and good to pay their respects at this traumatic time. R.I.P. Mr Angry, RIP.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
More
05 Nov 2019 10:53 #215384 by jackonlyjack
Recycle...........How much will you sell me the guard off Mr angry the III for if it's not in the bin :)
More
05 Nov 2019 11:06 #215385 by X8GGY

Lambert wrote: Sad news indeed. I trust you are holding a full state funeral with opportunity for the great and good to pay their respects at this traumatic time. R.I.P. Mr Angry, RIP.

Sure! It would be an honour ;)

Message me your address...

Dave ;)
  • Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Nov 2019 16:40 #215396 by Lambert
I think that could be aimed at you Jack not me?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
More
05 Nov 2019 17:33 - 05 Nov 2019 17:35 #215397 by X8GGY
Ah.. yes, I’ve quoted the wrong post!

It’s already in the post though... a piece of
Mr Angry III lives on...

I collected Mr Angry IV from Screwfix today and will put him to work tomorrow... ;)
Last edit: 05 Nov 2019 17:35 by X8GGY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert
More
06 Nov 2019 11:44 #215420 by jackonlyjack
Attachments:
More
06 Nov 2019 17:07 #215422 by sniper
Mr Angry gets a new body... like that.

sniper
More
06 Nov 2019 21:01 - 06 Nov 2019 21:01 #215436 by X8GGY

jackonlyjack wrote: Dave pm me a payment method so I can at least Pay the postage :)

Sorry, been in the garage all day..

Nah, no problem... we're bound to greenlane together soon. you can buy me a diet coke ;)

Dave
Last edit: 06 Nov 2019 21:01 by X8GGY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackonlyjack
More
10 Nov 2019 19:28 - 10 Nov 2019 19:32 #215546 by X8GGY
All that work paid off, great day out today!

There weren't many takers from our usual little group, so Brett advertised some free spaces including on this fine forum, amnd so our number soon swelled to the maximum recommended group size of five... including another Jimny, a Jeep Cherokee and a Land Rover...

So today...

Three Jimnys?! The Cherokee owner pulled out yesterday, Saturday, and the Land Rover owner just didn't turn up/!

So we have, left to right - Dan & Chloe who came up the night before from...... KENT! :ohmy: , Alan & I in S200KYS and Brett & 'TLB' (the lovely Becky) in Jalapeno...

We were supposed to meet up in the Ponderosa Cafe at the top of the Horseshoe Pass, but we heard yesterday that it was closed :( as the pass was shut off due to... Snow! So we met up at the McDonald's near Chirk..

Our intended route for the day -

Plotted by Alan on paper maps, and digitised to MemoryMap, and led by Brett & Becky for the day B)

As eagerly anticipated there was snow on the ground B)

This one would make a good Jimny Christmas Card!

Later in the day just before the eleventh hour, Brett stopped our little convoy...

And we all observed the two minutes silence on Dan's radio...

We've 'laned on this date for the last few years, and Brett has always stopped for us to observe the silence, very touching and thoughtful of him... (completely out of character ;) )

Following Dan & Chloe up the 'V-Gulley'

Turning off onto yet another 'lane...

Twitchy descent along the edge of a deep valley...

Stunning B)

Leaving the snow behind as we drop altitude and move further north back towards the coast...

Fording...

Squeezing through the trees...

We ended the day by dropping the last 'lane and travelling north close to my hometown to take in the epic 'lane at Moelfre... We had to drop the first 'lane of the day as Alan had heard from the land-owner (they hold motorcycle trials there) that it was impassable due to fallen trees, but we did manage to drive the other 21 lanes with little drama... although I did have to stop after about the fifth 'lane due to thinking my rear diff had gone, as there was a bad clunking from the rear :( It turned out to be the nearside rear wheel nuts had shook loose though, I couldn't have nipped them up fully after the recent MOT work... :(

So, a great day out though, three Jimnys enjoying the 'lanes, Dan's Jimny aced them all, with "just" a couple of inches lift, decent tyres, and a Chinese rear air locker... (which convinces me I'm going in the right direction with the Buggy build too)

B)
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Nov 2019 19:32 by X8GGY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jago
More
10 Nov 2019 21:08 #215548 by Soeley
Looks like a great day out. Good contrast in conditions as well.
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds