BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

More
23 Mar 2019 18:05 #204961 by kirkynut
That flooded lane that Darren went down seemed like It was never going to end!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
The topic has been locked.
More
24 Mar 2019 10:34 #204994 by X8GGY

kirkynut wrote: That flooded lane that Darren went down seemed like It was never going to end!

Kirkynut

Yes, he's mad (keen!) ;) :lol:
More
08 Apr 2019 16:40 #205706 by X8GGY
Yesterday, Sunday the 07/04/19 we - Alan, Darren and me - went out for our third Sunday wander, as Brett has labelled us a "Splinter Group" ;) but was more me wanting to get out locally for shorter days whilst I weaned myself back into greenlaning after my dodgy health patch this year since having Pneumonia and spending most of January in hospital...

Anyway, we meat as usual at the WhistleStop Cafe for another wonderful breakfast -

To drive -

... basically to Llanwrst and back taking in all the greenlanes we could along the way :)

The first (and last) 'lane of the day was 'Moe;fre' -

Ummm, Yup, it's in there somewhere!

Darren had never driven this one yet, so Alan said we'd send him in first as a treat! :lol: ;)

I didn't take many photos again this trip, I'll link Darren's YouTube Video in wen it's up, but here's a few stills from it of me climbing up the (two foot) step in the middle of the 'lane...

B)

Exiting at the top of the 'lane -

Next, 'Pant idda' -

The trench section in the middle :woohoo:

There's a series of "Jimny Gates" along the way!

Our Alan clearing the 'lane of debris and heading to open the last gate...

A few more 'lanes along the route and we were thwarted by this one, we could have winched through the quagmire, but rather than make more of a mess we chose to turn back and head for many other passable 'lanes we had planned fr the day :)

Further along the route, climbing up above Eglwysbach...

And a fallen tree blocks are way slightly...

Soon cut and tidied away...

Walking back to S200KYS, he's a beauty, makes me smile all the time B)

Continued >>>
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stiffsteve204me
More
08 Apr 2019 16:41 - 08 Apr 2019 16:59 #205707 by X8GGY

And up to the top where we exit the 'lane via someone's back garden!! :dry:

We stopped at "Pennant" for a nosey, still closed pending repair works... the latest poster says it's closed until October...

On we go! Plenty more 'lanes to enjoy...

Ah, that looks a bit low? I drive up to it as Alan spots for me... we'll get under...

After a bit of topiary with the trusty cordless chainsaw! ;)

Darren coming through behind B)

Next 'lane!

And Darren gets a large log jammed up around his transfer box and props! Sp we cut the end of with chainsaw and limp to harder standing to...

... effect a repair! Alan and I take it in turns with a hand saw...

... until the rest of the offending log is extracted!

On we go, this time up a newly opened up BOAT that used to blocked in the middle by a small pedestrian gate, this was my first time driving UP the whole length of it. (I drove it DOWN on a trip to the Cash & Carry if you remember!) :lol:

'Bont y Gwydell' a nice tight and scratch 'lane...

But as we emerge out of the bottom of the 'lane our way is blocked by a large strategically placed rock :(

Only one way out then, winch it back to be able to sneak around it! :lol:

And we're out...

Leaving just a six foot skid mark!

We then drove 'Moelfre' the other way, the end to another excellent days greenlaning!

THANKS to Alan for navigating and opening and closig countless gates, and Darren for the company and the impending YouTube Video.... ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Apr 2019 16:59 by X8GGY.
More
08 Apr 2019 18:20 #205718 by sniper
Love a story with a happy ending......

sniper
More
08 Apr 2019 19:35 #205720 by X8GGY

If I load all three local wanders into Memory Map you can see we've overed most of the (driveable) greenlanes in our locality B)
Attachments:
More
08 Apr 2019 21:05 #205728 by X8GGY
Darren's Compilation Video of the day -

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Apr 2019 05:17 #205738 by Lambert
Nice!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
More
09 Apr 2019 07:03 #205745 by kirkynut
Another brilliant blog Dave. Thanks for taking the time to do these, I appreciate that they take a while.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
  • Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
09 Apr 2019 16:43 #205768 by Riccy
Top day out there! some really scratchy lanes :unsure:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
More
29 Apr 2019 20:40 #206944 by X8GGY
Not sure how many people are 'friends' of Brett or I on Facebook, but Brett announced this morning on there that we won't be publishing any blogs in future. It's felt by members of "our little group") that the maps, lane names and videos with lane names on the title or narrated by Brett, can lead to the abuse of such lane information by others not so responsible as us, so it's best that we no longer publish such information.

That said, I have posted some photos earlier today on Facebook, and will post similar here on my build thread, but they won't contain any lane information or names, just enough to show we had a great day out ;)

Dam shame to have to do this, but needs must... :(

So, we had a nice day out on the Lleyn Peninsula -

The sticky-out bit on the side of Wales ;)

We met at the Trawsfynydd Visitors centre, left to right - Adam and Johnathan, Brett, and me and Alan. This was my first trip with the main group since recuperating after Pneumonia and a Diabetic DKA episode at the beginning of the year. I'd 'laned locally a few times, bit not travelled far from home until now.

The view from the visitor centre on the shore of the reservoir.

As usual, we started with a hearty breakfast, and the set our to drive some 'lanes!

Climbing up after leaving the tarmac...

Up until we found...

A fallen tree across the 'lane, probably from storm "Hannah" that hit the UK on Saturday...

Out came the trusty cordless chainsaw...

And Brett's winch...

And we soon had the tree out of the way...

On we go ;)

Bluebells along the way

Another 'lane

A narrow "Jimny gate" :lol:

Stunning scenery...

Lovely little rock bridge :)

Lined up on the bridge...

Stunning white water just yards from the 'lane

But we're thwarted by this gate that is even yoo small for a lickle Jimny! :(
Attachments:
More
29 Apr 2019 20:41 - 29 Apr 2019 20:50 #206945 by X8GGY
So we about turn and climb back up the 'lane...

Passed the cascading waters again...

A church literally in the middle of nowhere!?

A blocked (new to us) 'lane towards the end of the day...
Brett and Alan walked it first to check it was clear, and then Brett knocked on the door and politely asked the resident to move his car...

And on we went...

A great ford at the bottom of the descent (but a badly timed photo?!) :lol:

And up the other side...

And the end of a great day!

We drove a lot more 'lanes than these, these are just the highlights with no names or locations of 'lanes shown... Sad to have to do it, but needs must!...

Dave :evil:
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Apr 2019 20:50 by X8GGY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlines, Lambert, Bill Portland, stiffsteve204me
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds