BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

As a former land rover owner

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Jul 2018 05:31 #194257 by Lambert
I have never laughed so hard. Talk about missing the point!

www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-...er-testing-commences

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2018 17:58 - 13 Jul 2018 17:59 #194267 by Scimike
My own feeling is that the high JLR have experienced is about to start its decline. The new Defender should be a low cost (for JLR) rugged replacement which avoids electronic toys and gizmos, following the ethos of the original, but meeting all the cuurent specs for sales in the various countries. I hope its not going to be another luxury gizmo packed Chelsea tractor. I myself sold my 2017 gizmo packed VW for a much older Jimny which is our main transport. I love the simplicity of the Jimny and the fact that in the unlikely event it does go wrong I can fix it. So far its been 100% reliable which is more than could be said for the VW, which enjoyed turning on sensor fail light every 6 months. Be interesting to see what JLR put out, but I suspect its not going to replace my Series 2 Landy soon.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 13 Jul 2018 17:59 by Scimike.

More
19 Jul 2018 21:48 #194486 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic As a former land rover owner
It goes against everything a proper Landy should be, affordable, tough and repairable with gaffer tape and a lump hammer. Unfortunately I've no doubt it will be a huge success amongst those looking for a lifestyle SUV with proper offroading credentials. JLR will rake the money in, but it won't be from people buying them as workhorses.

• Zee Zee Top
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Aug 2018 12:05 #195563 by Zee Zee Top
Replied by Zee Zee Top on topic As a former land rover owner
Sadly it's like every other LR product. I can't tell if it is a Freelander, Disco Sport or RR Sport. LR have lost their way, wouldn't want to take that over rough terrain like my old 90 or Jimny.

More
30 Aug 2018 12:53 #195567 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic As a former land rover owner
You realise that no-one has seen what the new defender looks like yet?

That is a Range Rover Sport body, shortened at the rear passenger do and placed on top of the new defender running gear so the testing can be carried out without revealing the design

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Zee Zee Top
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Aug 2018 13:43 #195612 by Zee Zee Top
Replied by Zee Zee Top on topic As a former land rover owner
Thought it looked familiar.

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Sep 2018 17:31 #195644 by Lambert
Gerry McGovern is designing it so it will look just like every other bland jelly bean he has touched.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds