BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

More
02 Aug 2017 07:24 #183106 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic 2040
I did have a look at the Celerio but for me considering it's a new car it looks a bit older style wise.
I think the last Alto looked more modern. Suzukis have always been a bit "plain" especially on the inside but that's a cost thing.
When I was originally looking at the Swift the Ignis was still being sold but I thought that was too "plasticky" on the inside.

/

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2017 07:51 #183107 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic 2040

gilburton wrote: The latest Swift looks good as they have improved it a lot inc a larger boot.
Unlike some reports on here my local Suzuki dealer is very good and always asks or explains what they are doing when the car goes in for an MOT or service. No complaints there.

I used to have a very helpful Suzuki dealership nearby and it was what kept me away from Ford for many years but when they closed it things changed. I carried on with Suzukis (Vitaras) for a number of years but with no spares dept. near it became more and more restricting.
It is now a 30 min drive to the one where I bought the Cherry or on the other side of Brum. When I move it will be a 55 min drive and that may send me back to Ford if I can find a used Ford car/4x4 that I like as much as my Mitsubishis and indeed my Suzukis. However, I doubt I will be changing cars ever again.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
02 Aug 2017 07:56 #183108 by helijohn

ZookFastback wrote: I love the little Suzi cars and have bought several new ones over the years. Currently driving last years Suzi Celerio, their smallest on the market.

Yes, as you know, we share the same liking. Did you see the side mouldings I added to mine. Generally I have always found the Suzukis to be reliable though I suspect it is because I take an interest in keeping the car going. I doubt I will be getting an electric car in my lifetime though I have been seriously looking at putting an electric wheel on my bike.B)

More
02 Aug 2017 08:45 #183110 by helijohn

gilburton wrote: I did have a look at the Celerio but for me considering it's a new car it looks a bit older style wise.
/

As the Celerio is the first new car I have had since 1980 and the most modern since about 2000ish (thinking hard now but Jimny was possibly the most modern) I found it really up to date inside and out and when I see it next to modern (small) cars in a car park it never looks out of place or odd. They nearly all have sloping fronts and dart like features. And a woman was standing at the back of it the other day waiting for hubby. When I asked her if there was something she wanted she was shocked - not because I was not her husband and better looking but because she had stood by the wrong car.
But on driving it I was really dragged into the 21st century. The interior is rather basic but that just means I don't have to worry too much about it. And after all, what would I have chosen for that sort of money? Answer..........maybe an i10 which I liked and there is a franchise nearby but they wanted me to pay road fund on the auto version and the seating position seemed low.
I am not defending the car; there are possibly better and it is what it is.

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Aug 2017 08:55 #183113 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic 2040
Ha ha ha @ "And a woman was standing at the back of it the other day waiting for hubby. When I asked her if there was something she wanted she was shocked - not because I was not her husband and better looking but because she had stood by the wrong car."

More
02 Aug 2017 08:59 - 02 Aug 2017 09:01 #183114 by gilburton
Yeah I did say "for me" it's a personal thing otherwise we would all be driving exactly the same car.
After older 4x4's and the Jimny any car is better on comfort lol
If you like a car and it does what you want that's fine. The Swift did everything I wanted but I tend to like oddball stuff so it went.
I don't want something that can be mistaken for someone elses car but that's just me lol
I quite like the new Ignis and not everyone likes the styling but there again I'm old enough to remember the SC100 or "whizz kid" as it was advertised so I can see where the styling came from.

Last edit: 02 Aug 2017 09:01 by gilburton.

More
02 Aug 2017 10:04 #183116 by helijohn

gilburton wrote: I don't want something that can be mistaken for someone else's car but that's just me lol

I'm just the opposite. I like a car that looks like all the others with maybe a few distinguishing features like no badges but I like it to go like smoke like none of the others and have all the toys that the others don't have. My unusual cars have always pulled the cops but interestingly I got pulled a lot in an old Metro I once had.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Aug 2017 16:23 #183121 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic 2040
This is why i like the Jimny. In the company i choose to keep it is by far the most ordinary and unremarkable whereas the choices of my friends are really unique and individual which to my mind is almost asking for the wrong kind of attention.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
02 Aug 2017 17:20 #183122 by gilburton
But among other "normal" cars it's different lol
I don't mean I like cars with bling or wide wheels or big engines just a car that is not the faceless hatchback.
I've done the mini/beetle/2cv/american car stuff and apart from classic cars most these days could be any make/model at a distance and you have to look at the badge to see what it is.
I reckon it all went downhill with the "jellymould" Sierra lol

More
02 Aug 2017 17:32 #183123 by helijohn

gilburton wrote: I reckon it all went downhill with the "jellymould" Sierra lol

Yep, the wind tunnel generation.

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Aug 2017 19:02 #183130 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic 2040
That's partly the reason that I bought my Civic type S gt. The design is over 10 years old now and is still unique. ;)

Attachments:

More
02 Aug 2017 20:30 #183132 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic 2040

11/60 wrote: Genuine question, how recyclable is the lithium in these batteries, because the primary mining is a bit of a ecological disaster?

Its not financially viable although batteries from cars are usually replaced before all the cells are dead and can be often used in solar applications which extends their life for a while.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds