BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Who's into shooting and what guns have you got?

More
21 Mar 2016 21:42 #164179 by minibbb
As above, who's into their shooting and what's in the cabinet?

I've got:

CZ455 .17HMR
Beretta 1301 semi auto 12G
Winchester Select 2 sporting 12G

And picking up a Ruger 10/22 Saturday :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Davyo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2016 08:13 #164186 by Davyo
Just retired from shooting, but had cz 22lr cut to 14 inches, Howa 1500 243 fitted with Pulsar N740a night vision & an Armsan 12g semi auto for decoying. Retired in October2015 but hung around to set up a Pheasant Shoot for the farmer before fully throwing in the towel in Feb 2016.
Don't realy miss it, and my Jimny stays clean lol.

More
23 Mar 2016 18:08 #164263 by helijohn
I'd like to find a shooting range nearby. I was doing a lot of airgun shooting but it is all gathering dust now. :(

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: minibbb

• Camouflage
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2016 10:05 - 27 Mar 2016 10:07 #164416 by Camouflage
Replied by Camouflage on topic Who's into shooting and what guns have you got?
I'm into air guns. Have recently had a clear out so I'm down to a Meteor in .177, and SMK .22 which I've rebuilt lovingly with my own fair hands (and in still air gives cloverleaf groups at 40M) and a Trophy .177 target pistol. I enjoy the engineering side so I am happy to rebuild a cheap weapon into something sharp as I am to spend 10 times as much on something that ultimately won't shoot any better.

Been toying with the idea of getting a shot gun now I'm retired. I live about 100 years from a shooting reserve (bought my Labrador from the gamekeeper) so would have far to go. It'll be fun, haven't lifted an actual firearm since I left the army in 1989.
Last edit: 27 Mar 2016 10:07 by Camouflage.

More
27 Mar 2016 19:05 #164463 by Rhinoman

Camouflage wrote: and SMK .22 which I've rebuilt lovingly with my own fair hands (and in still air gives cloverleaf groups at 40M)

Did you do any mods to that? I have an SMK .22 as well, mainly used for ratting. I bought a tune up kit for it a while back but haven't got round to fitting it yet.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

More
27 Mar 2016 19:51 #164468 by helijohn

Rhinoman wrote: I bought a tune up kit for it a while back but haven't got round to fitting it yet.

Whose kit would that be? Not a jetski by any chance?
I've fitted top hats to my springers and my own made silencers to my HP and CO2.
You can see most of my mods etc. here.
airgunuk.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=a2...c7f4c09d06463612da66
It would be nice to have some new members.
Some miscellaneous links
airgunuk.freeforums.org/how-i-fitted-a-g...my-ar2079a-t998.html

This is one of my favourites.....the Winchester.
airgunuk.freeforums.org/umarex-walther-w...-teardown-t2825.html

I had hundreds of pics on two HDD (one was a back up) but when I went to W7 it would not read them and wanted them formatted so I lost them all.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2016 20:28 #164470 by Daniel30
Just takes me to a login screen Helijohn :blink:

More
27 Mar 2016 21:18 #164471 by helijohn

Daniel30 wrote: Just takes me to a login screen Helijohn :blink:

I see. You may need to register. :ohmy: I think the boss made it a requirement.......I am just a humble admin.:(

• Camouflage
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Mar 2016 08:14 - 28 Mar 2016 08:15 #164482 by Camouflage
Replied by Camouflage on topic Who's into shooting and what guns have you got?
Rhinoman, the SMK runs a Welsh Willy tune up kit, polished piston, spring liner, modified trigger, Delrin spring guide and top hat, all the moving parts hand finished or polished, modified stock in black rubber paint. The basic weapon is fine - a steel tube with a spring in it is a steel tube with a spring in it - but they just don't get the same care and attention on assembly that the pricer kit gets. Well, that's easy to sort ;)
Last edit: 28 Mar 2016 08:15 by Camouflage.

More
28 Mar 2016 09:22 #164488 by minibbb

Camouflage wrote: Rhinoman, the SMK runs a Welsh Willy tune up kit, polished piston, spring liner, modified trigger, Delrin spring guide and top hat, all the moving parts hand finished or polished, modified stock in black rubber paint. The basic weapon is fine - a steel tube with a spring in it is a steel tube with a spring in it - but they just don't get the same care and attention on assembly that the pricer kit gets. Well, that's easy to sort ;)

That's a lot of work going into an SMK! I didn't realise people fettled them so much. Is that a B2?

I started out with a B2 :) The best springer I had was my Webley Venom Sidewinder..... Much regretted selling that one!

Was PCPs for me after that, a multitude of S410s, a daystate MK3 and finishing on a HW100.

I then packed up shooting and sold the lot :( got my FAC and sgc but have yet to buy another air rifle

• Camouflage
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Mar 2016 15:07 #164527 by Camouflage
It's about 2 hours work, plus tea stops, and £40 in parts. It's an XS 19 Supergrade, and in all cost about £150 to buy and mod. I'd put it against - and have done - any 3 grand Air Arms or Daystate rifle, and it'll put lead on target as good as anything any one else takes to the range. It's like out dragging a Ferrari on a BMX.

More
28 Mar 2016 15:28 #164529 by minibbb
Ah I forgot the XS19, pretty much an HW95 clone.

Good for you mate, nice to make something decent out of a cheapie!

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds