BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

is there any intrest fast back hard top

More
28 Jan 2014 18:26 #102406 by idiotmobil
Mould pretty much finished managed to get in my workshop afterwork and get a few hours done putting a frame under it for it to sit on and stop it twisting ill be back tomorrow night or next day to pull it off and hope alls gone well then ill flat it back and polish to get the finish perfect then ill start making one to take the measurements for the hinges

JIMNYLESS
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jan 2014 19:18 #102418 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top
Nice to see this progressing along .............. ;)

More
28 Jan 2014 19:52 #102423 by idiotmobil
ya shame its going slow ive wrapped up my business sold all my stock and was going to take a few months off but been bribed in to working with my old man building and at the moment reroofing a house in this weather but its all money in to the skiving off work for few months fund hope it doesn't last to long been told theres two more jobs after this one I can get in on, at least roofing I can get rained of from and its ment to be pissing it down Friday so should get a lot more done

JIMNYLESS

More
29 Jan 2014 18:37 #102539 by idiotmobil
well that's the mould off ill be laying up a roof in it Friday and pulling that out sunday so I have one to test fit and sort hinges wile I do that ill be perfecting the finish of the mould and hopfully buy that time hinges and the other bits will be sorted, ill get a photo up off the sort of finished one sunday if I can get some black gell buy then

JIMNYLESS
Attachments:

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jan 2014 18:55 #102543 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top
Looking good................

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jan 2014 21:10 #102554 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top

Keefe wrote: Looking good................

+1 ...... ;)

More
29 Jan 2014 21:32 #102558 by idiotmobil
black gel a load of resin and fibreglass on order tomorrow evening

JIMNYLESS

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jan 2014 21:36 #102559 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top
Looking good so far mate, cant wait to see the first prototype :cheer:

More
29 Jan 2014 21:40 #102562 by idiotmobil
if I get time ill be picking up the rubbers tomarrow or Friday to if I can get some Perspex ill have a near finished one beginning next week minus the hinges and catches

JIMNYLESS

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jan 2014 21:45 #102563 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top
Exciting times B)

More
29 Jan 2014 22:39 - 29 Jan 2014 22:40 #102577 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic is there any intrest

idiotmobil wrote: im starting the fast back next week and wondering how people feel about the inside finish there two ways I can go..........also looking at hinges for the front with gas ram to aid and smooth lifting with

I had a Vitara hard top one time and the inside was rough. I was going to line it with carpet type material partly as sound deadening and partly for cutting back on condensation but never for improving looks. The gas ram on the back flap was a pain. A simple rod to hold it up was all I ever used.

Also the fitting was via simple clips - easy off etc. I was thinking about yours possibly being demountable and stored in the back - trouble is I have no knowledge of the soft top Jimnys; would there be room.

What you have done looks really superb and with a dropped in wheel carrier (not an opening back) it would be totally brilliant! Seeing this I almost wish I had a soft top but they are not my scene.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Jan 2014 22:40 by helijohn.

More
29 Jan 2014 23:18 #102580 by idiotmobil
Replied by idiotmobil on topic is there any intrest
I dont think it would fit to well in the back. Insides going to be ressobable finish I was going to make it in two parts but it pushes up the time to make buy nearly double. I did think about it just clipping on and off but this would mean the boot would not open with out the roof being lifted off and I didnt wontvthis and im sure other wouldnt would be so much easyer tho.

JIMNYLESS

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds