Pre Big Jimny Meet Peak District camping 16th of May

More
30 Jan 2020 13:25 #217846 by OctaneJimny
Hi All,

I hope this is OK to post on here.
I am organising a Pre Big Jimny meet camping up the night before the event which will be based close to the village of hope and a stones throw away from the lovely village of Castleton with a possible convoy up to the main event at Parkwood 4x4 near Leeds(feel free to make your own way there also). Hopefully this will be some use to the people travelling a considerable distance to break the driving up for but obviously more local people are also very welcome to join and have a pleasant evening joining the festivities camping and chatting about what we are all here for! This will be a relaxed family event at Hardhurst farm camping & caravan site that I would like to invite you guys to. I have set up a facebook page event to show interest/attendance which is on the link below. or if you are not one for the social media you are welcome to let us know on your here of your interest or booking. I have also put my latest post below so the none FB to see the details.

I hope this will be of interest to some of you.
Thanks everyone.

facebook.com/events/s/pre-big-jimny-meet...9766840055227/?ti=as

"Hi All,

I'm just letting everyone know that the selected campsite for the pre-big Jimny meet will be Hardhurst Farm camping & caravan site for the night of 16th of May. Located 2 minutes drive from the small village of hope & 5 minutes drive from the lovely village of Castleton. It has onsite showers, toilets and cafe which do excellent bacon buttys/breakfasts. 2 minutes walk from the travellers rest pub for a few pints and an evening meal if you would like. To locate the campsite using a sat nav the address is... Parsons Lane, S33 6RB. This is located just off hope road(A6187). Contact phone number for booking.
01433 620001

From Sheffield direction(Hathersage) go through the traffic lights, past the travellers rest pub and turn immediately right. Follow the road for 100 metres then take the right into the entrance of the campsite.

From Tideswell directions joining hope road go through the traffic lights facing the travellers rest, take and a left then immediate right. Follow the road for 100 metres then take the right into the entrance of the campsite.

From Manchester direction(winnets pass/Castleton). Drive through the village of hope. Drive 3/4 mile down then road turn left before the traffic lights which are before the travellers rest. Follow the road for 100 metres then take the right into the entrance of the campsite.

From Manchester direction A57(snake pass). Drive through the village of Bamford. Once you get to the junction with hope Road there is a petrol station to your right. Turn right at the traffic lights follow for around a mile. go through the traffic lights, past the travellers rest pub and turn immediately right. Follow the road for 100 metres then take the right into the entrance of the campsite.

Local area-
In hope village there is a spar for any last minute supplies, a few cafés, a few pubs with the nicest one being the Cheshire cheese.

In Castleton there is a also many pubs and cafes. Speedwell cavern, the broken road, fish and chip shop, Peveril Castle, the devil's arse cave(no I'm not joking) and a some gift shops. just to name a few.

Upper Derwent visitor centre. Fantastic place where the location of the dambusters practice runs took place in WW2. Bike hire also available. S33 0AQ.

Petrol stations.
Sicklehome service station, S33 0EB

Barons of Hathersage, S33 1BB

Contact phone number for booking.
01433 620001

£7 per person(not tent). Pay on arrival cash or card after making your booking via phone.

Address
Hardhurst Farm camping & caravan site
Parsons Lane
S33 6RB

Any question please feel free to ask. Hopefully see you all there!"

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2020 08:07 #220056 by OctaneJimny
Hi All,

Regarding the pre Big Jimny camping event in the peak district will still be going ahead. The only thing that will stop this is if the campsite closes/cancels bookings. If you were interested in coming but have concerns about the C word please refrain from coming. Toilet rolls will be available for £10 a roll on arrival.........

Another camping event will be set up for the new date for the meet at Parkwood 4x4 or will try and cater for whatever decisions are made.

Thanks,
OctaneJimny

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

More
19 Mar 2020 08:25 #220057 by Max Headroom

OctaneJimny wrote: Toilet rolls will be available for £10 a roll on arrival.........

Blimey thats cheap! Its £1 a sheet around here.
...I said " S H E E T"

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
19 Mar 2020 14:03 #220068 by gusthegorilla
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo:

I'm planning to live forever.....so far, so good !!

More
24 Mar 2020 20:49 #220233 by Reason2doubt
This should now be a no go I guess?

Don't fancy getting a dispersal order or a fine and no good sitting in groups of 2 :P

More
25 Mar 2020 11:39 #220248 by sniper
I live near the Peaks and the communities are asking for visitors to stay away. Medical services are overstretched and dealing with anything that visitors might do, is an unnecessary drain.

Stay home.....

sniper

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds