BigJimny Meet 2019 discussion

More
20 Oct 2019 17:53 #214958 by Gadget
Thanks all for a great day, was great to meet so many people. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 18:15 #214962 by Porky
Replied by Porky on topic BigJimny Meet 2019 discussion
Thank you Martin for a great day, my first off roading in my Jimny, got plenty of ideas now for what to do next with it. Cheers John.

More
20 Oct 2019 19:11 #214967 by 1390_taz
Thanks Martin and crew for a great day. Had a few issues with the car, dead battery and having the car stuck in 4WD thats the joy of owning a Jimny.

More
20 Oct 2019 19:49 #214970 by Fossie
Just heard from Robyn, (red 54 plate) had a cracking day, literally ( windscreen,ha ha) still covered in mud as it is a badge of honour!
A chap pulled up next to her at a set of traffic lights and said her car was a topic of conversation in his car.

Thanks to all for making her and Jack so welcome and cheers to the chap in a bowler hat for jet washing her wheels off.
Yep up for next year !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Oct 2019 20:09 #214971 by Lambert
That would be me in the bowler. Glad to assist and that a good time was had.

Dreadnaught (black 2011)

More
20 Oct 2019 20:26 #214974 by Max Headroom
Again my thanks to everyone that organised, administrated and helped out - very much a day to remember although I took things very easy (this is my daily driver so I had to!)

Very interesting talking to those whom I did talk to, and I hope you all had/will have, a safe and uneventful journey home.

Very much looking forward to another similar excursion in the future B)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
20 Oct 2019 20:26 #214975 by HG0606
Thanks everyone for a great day ! Especially thanks to Martin for organising and getting so many jimnys from all over the place together. Hopefully we do something again next year!

More
20 Oct 2019 20:31 #214977 by Carmen
Thank you for a great day out Martin, Thank you Lambert for being so welcoming. As a slightly risk averse older lady I was equally terrified/thrilled with my introduction to off roading and am looking forward to another go. If anyone has recommendations for slightly namby pamby sites to practice I would be grateful.

More
20 Oct 2019 21:22 #214980 by GF68
Replied by GF68 on topic BigJimny Meet 2019 discussion
Thanks Martin, Lambert and Bigjimny chums, we had a great day out. It was brilliant to see so many other Jimnys and to meet such a great bunch of people. Lambert, the young guys from Gloucester, the two lovely couples we met, you all made our first off road experience truly memorable. Thanks to you all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

More
20 Oct 2019 21:30 - 21 Oct 2019 09:20 #214981 by Lesmondo
Big thank you to Martin and all involved, for a memorable day! From me, and my brother, GV42, few pics from today, more soon

Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Oct 2019 09:20 by mlines.

More
21 Oct 2019 09:22 #214989 by MrChips
Great day, thanks to BIgJimny and everyone that was there.
Cheers
Rob

More
21 Oct 2019 09:31 #214993 by mlines
Morning all, back online today!

Sat down last night with a complete empty feeling, it was all over, all done and nothing left to do. Its like the day after Christmas or a Wedding.

What a fantastic day and really great to see everyone there, especially those who had to travel so far to be part of what must be one of the largest gatherings in recent years, if not all time.. We hope you all had a good day.

Special thanks to all the Marshalls for helping out, particularly Lambert (unmissable in his Bowler hat).

In the aftermath, I have been given around 1700 photos and have 150 of my own, all to sort through, I had to upgrade the server last night to increase storage space and we seem to have broken the upload capability this morning so please bear with us.

I am publishing small quantities of pictures on both BigJimny Facebook and Instagram for those with social media. The master set of pictures are appearing in galleries attached to this website. Please note that this is WORK IN PROGRESS so pictures will be appearing (and disappearing) as we work on them.

www.lines-associates.com/piwigo/index.php?/category/188

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Daniel30, ow3x3xpr3ss, Gadget, Bill Portland, Soeley

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds