BigJimny Meet 2019 discussion

More
12 Sep 2019 20:08 #213443 by Daniel30
Good old chin wag put names to faces, steel some modifications ideas and have a drive around at your leasure site is well equipped for beginners and pro's :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 6903877

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Sep 2019 05:28 #213454 by Lambert

mlines wrote: I will have a check list of attendees and you will have a welcome pack posted out to you that will have joining instructions and a commemorative sticker. I will start of the day as a bouncer on the gate with a VIP admission list :)

It is not necessary to have the sticker on the car, but it would help.

Shouldn't that be a V.I.J list, very important Jimny? :laugh:

Dreadnaught (black 2011)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 6903877

More
13 Sep 2019 11:12 #213470 by mlines

6903877 wrote: Hi everyone, not ever been on a meet, can someone tell me what is expected, what goes on etc.....driving wise that is....have the jimny, just not used it yet....

As has been said, this is an informal meet up so there is no expectations of people.

At the start will be a gathering and group photos, this is where a lot of talking, admiring of cars, exchange of tips will take place and some people will come just for this.

Other people will then head off to try out off-roading for the first time. We will probably arrange a group drive for beginners for an initial lap of the site. If you are not confident then people will show you the controls, give advice and let you ride as passenger to get a feel for it first.

Experienced people will simply head out to give it a go, usually in small like minded groups.

So, lots of chat about Jimnys, lots of driving Jimnys, lots of looking at Jimnys.

Most people will not know each other so feel free to come over, chat and make friends.

We pride ourselves in being a friendly forum so you can expect the hairest, mud spattered off-roading guru to answer any questions (no question is too stupid). I certainly expect this to happen

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
13 Sep 2019 11:20 #213471 by Daniel30
Might be an idea for the newbies to a 4x4 just to get the manual out and have a flick through, not telling anyone how to suck eggs and all that but can be quite useful :)

More
13 Sep 2019 11:21 #213472 by mlines
Oh, and I should mention that a number of people are staying at a local hotel on the Saturday evening prior to the event. So there is likely to be an evening in the bar drinking beer/wine and talking Jimnys.

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
13 Sep 2019 12:21 #213473 by 6903877
Thanks for the info Martin, I’ll confirm my attendance in a day or so. Could you give me details of the Accomodation near to the event please, as I’ll want to travel down from Chester on the Saturday.
Many thanks
Michael

More
13 Sep 2019 12:41 #213474 by mlines
People seem to be looking at the Premier Inn (reading South)

www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/...html?cid=GLBC_REAOLD

Martin

More
13 Sep 2019 19:09 #213485 by gv42
Replied by gv42 on topic BigJimny Meet 2019 discussion
hi michael i will be travel down from CHIRK N/WALES on the saturday too. mark

More
13 Sep 2019 19:29 #213488 by Reason2doubt
Hotel booked for Saturday night at the Premier Inn. I'll take all Saturday to travel from Newcastle - going to be a long journey...! Luckily heading over to Swansea for work on the Monday so I can stagger my journey back a little.

More
13 Sep 2019 19:34 #213489 by gv42
Replied by gv42 on topic BigJimny Meet 2019 discussion

gv42 wrote: hi michael i will be travel down from CHIRK N/WALES on the saturday too. mark

and we are at the berkshire arms in midgham.

More
13 Sep 2019 19:57 #213491 by 6903877
Thanks for that, I’ll give it a look.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Sep 2019 05:01 #213591 by Lambert
Just for the record. This is gearing up to be the best 45th birthday party I have ever had; a day out in the mud with a huge crowd of like minded Jimny fwendz! This is going to be epic!

Sorry I seem to have misplaced my pills.

Dreadnaught (black 2011)

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds