BigJimny Meet 2019 discussion

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 Aug 2019 19:53 #212843 by Lambert

amtech1 wrote: Just booked up so another gen4 to add to the list. Looking forward to seeing how my Jimny performs on the trials with just the a/t tyres fitted. Is any recovery equipment required as this will be my first time doing a event like this. Cheers

Don't worry about being on all terrains. I'm coming with the off road equivalent of racing slicks aka road tyres so you won't be the first to get stuck!

Dreadnaught (black 2011)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
  • Its better to have tried and failed.
More
29 Aug 2019 20:34 - 29 Aug 2019 21:23 #212848 by Andy2640
I'm also looking forward to meeting you all, should be a great event.

I'm really excited about doing some real off road driving in a safe and legal enviroment. This is what im really lookin forward to.

A wise man once said...... When we are Mean, Shout at People, Lose our Tempers, Swear, and generally act like Tool Bags, Never forget ..... We are all Cavemen in Suits, Uniforms and/or Overalls ..... Living in Semi-Concrete Jungles. Andy - 2019 AD.
Last edit: 29 Aug 2019 21:23 by Andy2640.

More
30 Aug 2019 20:17 #212890 by DAGZOOK
Just booked! Can't wait. Going to be a Hoot :silly: :silly:

More
30 Aug 2019 20:54 #212891 by 888nmc
+1 in my Silver Gen 4.
Recent lurker on this forum but I recognise a lot of you from Insta. :)

Instagram: 888nmc

More
30 Aug 2019 21:11 #212892 by mlines
So we are now up to 21 Gen3 and 14 Gen4 Jimnys confirmed bookings!

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
02 Sep 2019 10:12 #212968 by Gadget
Awesome! Are there any facilities on site (toilets, catering), or do we need to make our own arrangements?

More
02 Sep 2019 10:14 #212969 by mlines
I "booked" a burger van, I need them to confirm it is coming.

I seem to recall there being a portaloo on the site.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget, Andy2640

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Sep 2019 11:35 #212972 by Lambert
So I'm not going to have to eat myself into a diabetic shock on the hotel breakfast then, that'll do!

Dreadnaught (black 2011)

More
02 Sep 2019 12:02 #212973 by Me and my Jimny
Hi guys, I've got a few strops and shackles too, and happy to help people out, but remember recovery gear is only any use if you have recovery points, which is not the factory tie down points on gen 3's, I don't know about gen 4's.

Worth thinking about if you've not done a pay and play before and fancy getting stuck into it a bit more

That said you can have a lot of fun there without going to places where you might need them, and like others I'm really looking forward to the meet up rather than the actual driving

More
02 Sep 2019 12:16 #212974 by amtech1
Thanks ‘me and my jimny’ us Gen 4 owners are struggling at the moment with aftermarket recovery points because there isn’t actually anything currently available for them. If it is required I’m sure the factory tie down/tow points should be fine for light recovery (unable to gain traction and require a light pull) not aggressive recovery (stuck in a big bog) because the front tow point has to be suitable for towing (if you break down or recovery onto trucks but us gen 4 owners will probably not attempting that sort of stuff :) I’m aware we can get a tow bar fitted on the back and use a bar with that but don’t fancy a tow bar on the back as not required.

• Andy2640
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
  • Its better to have tried and failed.
More
02 Sep 2019 12:21 #212975 by Andy2640

amtech1 wrote: Thanks ‘me and my jimny’ us Gen 4 owners are struggling at the moment with aftermarket recovery points because there isn’t actually anything currently available for them. If it is required I’m sure the factory tie down/tow points should be fine for light recovery (unable to gain traction and require a light pull) not aggressive recovery (stuck in a big bog) because the front tow point has to be suitable for towing (if you break down or recovery onto trucks but us gen 4 owners will probably not attempting that sort of stuff :) I’m aware we can get a tow bar fitted on the back and use a bar with that but don’t fancy a tow bar on the back as not required.

Ive found a nice front bumper available from japan. It has x2 recovery shackles, but rated to 3.5 tons each. Would this rating be suitable for a good tug out the mud?? If not, what kinda ton rating would be suitable? Thanks.

A wise man once said...... When we are Mean, Shout at People, Lose our Tempers, Swear, and generally act like Tool Bags, Never forget ..... We are all Cavemen in Suits, Uniforms and/or Overalls ..... Living in Semi-Concrete Jungles. Andy - 2019 AD.

More
02 Sep 2019 12:27 #212976 by amtech1
Do you have a link for this bumper?
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds