BigJimny Meet 2019 discussion

More
27 Aug 2019 21:20 #212758 by mlines
I am sure that between us we will have enough kit. As Lambert says, its as much for the meetup as the drive around.

We have 32 Jimnys signed up so far, consisting of 21 Gen3 Jimnys and 11 Gen4 Jimnys. I have a possible 2 more Gen4 known to be wanting to come including possibly our own Gen4 and a Suzuki Dealer. I have had queries from a Gen1 (LJ) and Gen2 (SJ) but am awaiting confirmation.

We have entries from as far as Newcastle, Guernsey, Isle of Wight and, based on postal address, Germany - although I suspect due to a feature of the postal address they may actually live just down the road from me ;)

This is already the biggest Jimny meet I have arranged and I suspect the biggest in the UK based on my understanding of past events.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2019 21:23 #212759 by mlines
I should also point out that info packs will be posted out early October after a final push for entries, at which point entries will close. This is because we have to provide our own site security so the gate will only be unlocked for a set entry period, therefore "turn up on the day" is not supported.

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Aug 2019 05:06 #212764 by Lambert
To quote Kicks Like A Mule. Yer names not down. You're not coming in! Sign up its easy and is going to be brilliant.

Dreadnaught (black 2011)

• Andy2640
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
  • Its better to have tried and failed.
More
28 Aug 2019 08:21 #212766 by Andy2640

Lambert wrote: To quote Kicks Like A Mule. Yer names not down. You're not coming in! Sign up its easy and is going to be brilliant.

I second that! Amen lord Lambert B) B)

A wise man once said...... When we are Mean, Shout at People, Lose our Tempers, Swear, and generally act like Tool Bags, Never forget ..... We are all Cavemen in Suits, Uniforms and/or Overalls ..... Living in Semi-Concrete Jungles. Andy - 2019 AD.

More
28 Aug 2019 08:54 #212768 by Mole
Replied by Mole on topic BigJimny Meet 2019 discussion
That's a great turn out will make for a great photo all thos jimnys together

More
29 Aug 2019 17:28 #212831 by Gadget
Looking forward to it. I'm also going more for the Jimny chat than the driving, although some time on the gentler bits will be fun. Anyone got some decent camera gear and fancy taking pics while we're there?

More
29 Aug 2019 17:53 #212833 by amtech1
Just booked up so another gen4 to add to the list. Looking forward to seeing how my Jimny performs on the trials with just the a/t tyres fitted. Is any recovery equipment required as this will be my first time doing a event like this. Cheers

• Andy2640
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
  • Its better to have tried and failed.
More
29 Aug 2019 18:02 #212834 by Andy2640

amtech1 wrote: Just booked up so another gen4 to add to the list. Looking forward to seeing how my Jimny performs on the trials with just the a/t tyres fitted. Is any recovery equipment required as this will be my first time doing a event like this. Cheers

I'll happily tow anyone to safety, just as long as its reciprocated ;) :cheer: ;) :cheer:

A wise man once said...... When we are Mean, Shout at People, Lose our Tempers, Swear, and generally act like Tool Bags, Never forget ..... We are all Cavemen in Suits, Uniforms and/or Overalls ..... Living in Semi-Concrete Jungles. Andy - 2019 AD.

More
29 Aug 2019 18:30 #212837 by Daniel30

amtech1 wrote: Just booked up so another gen4 to add to the list. Looking forward to seeing how my Jimny performs on the trials with just the a/t tyres fitted. Is any recovery equipment required as this will be my first time doing a event like this. Cheers

Probably be enough between us but upto you if you want to get some for your own use :)

More
29 Aug 2019 18:55 #212839 by mlines
I wouldnt worry too much about recovery gear, we will have enough between us.

As people said, a lot will be going for the meetup and perhaps a gentle paddle and not a lot more. We will (hopefully) be taking our Gen4 and will be doing the same, nothing challenging, just exploring how the electronics work (so I can answer questions here!)

I will have my camera gear with me for some proper pictures,

Martin

More
29 Aug 2019 19:13 #212840 by GF68
Replied by GF68 on topic BigJimny Meet 2019 discussion
I would bring the drone but with AWE next door it is a no fly zone. :-(

More
29 Aug 2019 19:34 #212841 by mlines
I thought the same about my drone.

Instead I have a telescopic pole and a camera with a remote so I can get the high shot of the group anyway (I hope!)

Martin

The following user(s) said Thank You: GF68

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds